Steam?

Started by Bobthefarmer1, February 07, 2014, 10:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedStorm58

Dont you guys know that minecraft actually finished development a Looong time ago. They just update it to keep players interested.
When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not. It's just the beginning.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Red Storm 58 on February 11, 2014, 06:09:33 PM
Dont you guys know that minecraft actually finished development a Looong time ago. They just update it to keep players interested.
I think we should let tynan do things as he desires.
But yeah minecraft will never be on steam.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Fernbhoy

Quote from: Red Storm 58 on February 11, 2014, 06:09:33 PM

minecraft is one of these games that are finished, but not finished, and will never be "finished" until Notch gets bored of it.

Architect

Notch no longer develops Minecraft and hasn't done so for a long time thankfully. From the updates they have been rolling out, I'd argue they're already bored of it, but that's just my opinion :P. Minecraft was never on Steam because Notch wanted to sell merchandise, and Steam wouldn't allow for it. That is legitimately the biggest contributor (of many) to that decision.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Fernbhoy

tbf their lego deal has worked for them at the very least :D

Rimworld legosets anyone? :D

Semmy

Quote from: fernbhoy on February 11, 2014, 07:22:32 PM
tbf their lego deal has worked for them at the very least :D

Rimworld legosets anyone? :D

There awsome.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

FrozenSnowFox

I understand there's no rush or reason to put the game on steam.  However wouldn't it be a good idea to speak to valve and use it as a distribution platform for people who currently own the game?  Project Zomboid, Divinity Original Sin and many other games used steam to deliver game updates months before they were actually buyable on the store.  It makes updating much easier and stops the updates from burning a hole in your pocket with bandwidth usage.

Tynan

Quote from: LFox on February 12, 2014, 05:45:30 AM
I understand there's no rush or reason to put the game on steam.  However wouldn't it be a good idea to speak to valve and use it as a distribution platform for people who currently own the game?  Project Zomboid, Divinity Original Sin and many other games used steam to deliver game updates months before they were actually buyable on the store.  It makes updating much easier and stops the updates from burning a hole in your pocket with bandwidth usage.

Interesting idea; I'd never thought of that.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Architect

Aye Tynan, do that! It would make your life much easier as well as many current users life's easier too. Whilst you're at it, maybe another way of making payments not using paypal? :P
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

GC13

If Steam would do that for you, I know I'd love it.

Bobthefarmer1

Quote from: GC13 on February 12, 2014, 04:21:30 PM
If Steam would do that for you, I know I'd love it.
Quote from: Architect on February 12, 2014, 01:56:06 PM
Aye Tynan, do that! It would make your life much easier as well as many current users life's easier too. Whilst you're at it, maybe another way of making payments not using paypal? :P
+1

FrozenSnowFox

Quote from: Tynan on February 12, 2014, 09:53:37 AM
Interesting idea; I'd never thought of that.

I forgot to mention steam has a beta section on the games panel.  Project Zomboid has been using it to do constant releases of their game for testing purposes.  Anyone who's interested in helping find bugs and doesn't mind an unstable version can opt into the beta.  Everyone else can wait for the normal stable release builds that come out.  If you need people helping you test the game and finding bugs between stable releases the ability to opt into test versions would be useful.

Quote from: Architect on February 12, 2014, 01:56:06 PM

For that I suggest speaking with Humble.  From what I've seen they handle a lot of indie developers who need someone to do transactions such as Faster Than Light and Starbound.  Their widget does Paypal and Amazon, it may do others but I'm not sure.  At the very least Amazon should work as an alternative method if Paypal doesn't work.