My Husband Is A Slave!

Started by The-MathMog, May 02, 2016, 07:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-MathMog

Viper: "Guys! That pirate ship that just arrived.. They have my husband!"
Me: "Your husband? What do you mean?"
Viper: "My actual old husband! He was captured years ago by a band of pirates on our way to this Rimworld. They had boarded our ship while we were still in our cryptosleep caskets! They only took the men, as they needed labor slaves!
This is our chance to save him, we can use that silver we've been collecting!"

Me: "Oh that is horrible! How is he like your husband?"
Viper: "He is a wonderful human being, a decent doctor, good with plants and quite artistic too"
Me: "Wow, he does sound like a good person! Does he have any flaws at all?"
Viper: "He is a bit abrasive, but that pales compared to his other attributes. Why is that?"
Me: "Hmm, he is abrasive you say?"
Viper: "Yeah just a bit really."
Me: "..."
Me: "Well then... He is probably better off annoying those pirates then. We can't have more drama in this cave"
Viper: "Whaa.. what?... Are you serio... But he is my husband!! How dare you say tha..""
Me: "Shh.. Shush now..! No more talk! Back to hauling those tribals! The wargs don't feed themselves you know! One more word from you and we might actually CONSIDER buying him.. But only to get some lavish slave meat for them wargs... Go now!"
Viper: "Sniff".

That is at least how I imagined that situation went, after I realized how I "handled" that situation... How rimworld can make you a horrible human being...  :-\

cultist

I was fearing abrasive pawns would completely break the new social system, but they actually seem less annoying now that they can't go around causing negative moods with all their bickering. They don't make friends easily, but they also don't seem more likely to get into fights than anyone else.

Lozza

One of my colonists is called Lorenzo Viper!  :o

The-MathMog

Would be fun if you actually bought him! haha

But love that names are in a database and can "re-appear" in different games :P

Quote from: cultist on May 07, 2016, 01:59:21 PM
I was fearing abrasive pawns would completely break the new social system, but they actually seem less annoying now that they can't go around causing negative moods with all their bickering. They don't make friends easily, but they also don't seem more likely to get into fights than anyone else.

Thanks for making me feel even worse for not saving him then hehe! :D

Vaporisor

He might come up for sale again.  If you look at the wife's social, you will see him listed as a slave.  People can reoccur in the same map so....
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

The-MathMog

I'll keep an eye out for it. But the low amount of actual trade ships flying by, will probably make this unlikely :P

Vaporisor

Not sure if it works this way, but keep an eye on the family notifications for raiders and travellers.  I think it is possible for others to buy slaves but not 100%?  Also I hear that it is just a change in a variable to turn up trader chance.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes