[WIP] (Alpha 8) Arachnid Threat (v.1.02) [Progress: 36% (141218 0147)]

Started by Evul, February 09, 2014, 08:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

Arachnid Threat 1.00 released!

Arachnid Threat have now been released bringing the Arachnid race and the ferrous Warrior bug to the RimWorlds. I'm still working with the mod and i hope to get a new fully bug AI for them and the other Arachnids that i might add later on.

Enjoy this first release and let me know if you find "bugs" and other issues!

Download:

Celthric Aysen

My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Evul

he...he...he.. did the same thing with the bug tracker at the first page. :P

Architect

Downloading primarily to figure out your work with a custom faction, I hope to learn great things from this mod Evul XD

Edit:
You clever bastard... You've done literally everything via the defs XD I was hoping you'd have some assembly stuff I could look into XD Never the less, this mod has been very informative, thanks for putting the effort in to make it dude :D
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Evul

Quote from: Architect on April 17, 2014, 07:12:59 AM
Downloading primarily to figure out your work with a custom faction, I hope to learn great things from this mod Evul XD

Edit:
You clever bastard... You've done literally everything via the defs XD I was hoping you'd have some assembly stuff I could look into XD Never the less, this mod has been very informative, thanks for putting the effort in to make it dude :D

Your welcome ;D
I want to learn how to fix the assembly. It will simplify the spawn of the bugs.

CreepyD

Just playing for a few hours with this mod enabled, it's great!
I had just a single warrior attack first, then 3, then a whole bunch of 8 or so later on.
They came from the wrong side where I had no defenses, so chased me through my base to the other side (killing two prisoners on their way) - then had a lovely fire fight taking them all out with a friendly faction.

Some improvements came to mind..
1. They produce way too much food. Killing the last wave netted me 1900 warrior meat and overfilled my stores.
2. Could they perhaps be a tad large? I mean just so they fit in the squares better maybe shrinking them to Muffalo sized is a gd plan?
3. Any chance of animating them in the future? :D

Evul

Nice to hear! :D

I have a guy looking in to animation and I hope he comes up with a solution :)

I actually made them largers to actually fitt a more movie sized bug :)

I actually did not think about the meet and also did not know that it exsisted. xD

EDIT: added to mantis om 0000043: The bug produce tons of food.

tervix

Evul

Hmmm might be the case that they are counted as animals and is not autotargeted. I will se what I can do :)

Darhak

Ho gosh, this mod is freaking awsome! Those monster keep destroying my colony but...  :P
About the turret not targeting bug, maybe by creating like a new faction (ofc you'll be at -100 reputation and impossibility to be allied with) for them will resolve the issue?

Rex705

Can't you make them listed as raiders instead of animals so turrets attack?

blazecreek

Evul

Quote from: Darhak on April 19, 2014, 10:54:01 PM
Ho gosh, this mod is freaking awsome! Those monster keep destroying my colony but...  :P
About the turret not targeting bug, maybe by creating like a new faction (ofc you'll be at -100 reputation and impossibility to be allied with) for them will resolve the issue?
Quote from: Rex705 on April 20, 2014, 02:22:39 AM
Can't you make them listed as raiders instead of animals so turrets attack?

I gona se if I can add the bugs to the turrets targeting code. Else I will try to make a bypass.

Quote from: blazecreek on April 20, 2014, 02:25:18 AM
i have not been attcked yet any help?

The assaults are completely random and uses the Raid code to be spawned. First of the arachnids need to be listed in the faction overview in order to be attacked by them, this happens automaticly.

If they do bit seam to spawn at all. Make a new map and enable the development debug menu and manually trigger a raid incident untill you get then to spawn to make sure the mod works :)

fepalito

Pls man, make a zombie faction with this D: gonna be fun , all mele combats, slowers ,fasters and tankers. Good job ;)

Kirid

I was getting alot of errors and bugs. Most of my colonists and raiders are turning invisible.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd