Expanding Prison Abilities

Started by LouisTBR, May 06, 2016, 07:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisTBR

Just seen the Alpha 13 release video, well done! I had a couple of suggestions, though, and here's one:

Prison Breaks are very dangerous, and can affect a colony from a financial and medical standpoint. Understandably, for the not so lucky ones who get caught by your colonists, you are going to want to make them suffer.

Since we already have slaves, cannibalism and psychopaths, a little corporal punishment shouldn't create too much uproar
I was thinking, like in older alphas, beatings should be reintroduced to avenge your dead colonists. Or, for the sadists out there, just for a little bit o' good old fashioned fun!

Here are the three proposed stages:

Verbal Insults: For the less extreme crimes, possibly for things such as insulting a warden or throwing punches at furniture, the affected party (The warden, not the new TV) could act hostile towards the prisoner for a period of time.

Light Beatings: This could be for crimes when a little 'Son of a b**ch' or a '****sucker' just don't cut it, but full on whippings and tazings are a bit too much. It would consist of a warden attacking the prisoner, whether with a piece of wood, a steel mace or plain old fists.

Heavy Beatings: For crimes against the colony that no one can ignore, a heavy beating is implied. Consists of non-fatal stabbing, serious s***-kicking or some hard whacks with a club.

But, for the mass-murderers, pet killers and brutal attackers, you are understandably going to want... a little more

This could be in the form of an execution, from electric chairs, hangings, firing squad or throwing them to the predators bible-style!
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Thane

Sounds like fun. Sensitive or related pawns shouldn't like it, but it would sure add some flavor! We could even get sadist as a trait! They could get a mood boost for well, abusing the prisoners...

This got really dark. I mean darker than beating your prisoners, or treating them to 9 tails.
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

LouisTBR

Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Vaporisor

So you have a sadist warden and a masochistic prisoner....

* Vaporisor shudders at the direction that would take my stories..
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Vaporisor on May 06, 2016, 02:17:57 PM
So you have a sadist warden and a masochistic prisoner....

* Vaporisor shudders at the direction that would take my stories..

Looking for Fun in all the Prison places.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here