Possibility to tag specific colonists

Started by Evul, February 10, 2014, 09:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

I have been playing for a while and one thing i tend to do is have a fighting squad that will be defending while the rest carry on. BUT, its always hard to find it. So one thing that would be nice. Is a possibility to tag specific units for easy selection. :)

For example CTRL+Np1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0
Selection Numpad 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0

colonistPally

I was thinking this last night too. Set it up like StarCraft / WarCraft where you could put them on control hot keys, have their little life bars come up, and be able to micro off the life bars. :)

Darker

I too wanted this. And not only for colonists but also other stuff (mines, doors (on and off)...)
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

colonistPally

Yes having either the mine control keyed, or be able to make your own zones and name them things and control key them. Once it was mined, maybe it could just default leave the spot control keyed so you would know it's out. I'm finding it really hard to find something that isn't there any more. I finally just figure out, oh yea it was a mine and they're done now, but nobody told me. :(

So you make a like "blank zone" and control key it control +1 and name it like "mine site 1." Or if you had two towns you could control key each one..

StarCraft 2 has that. I can't remember what they call it. Some people use it even at the absolute highest tiers of play. But in SC2 there's also at least 3 ways to do EVERYTHING so it isn't a super big deal. Because in SC2 you can not only control key a blank spot. You can control key the units, and the units also tell you when they're done.

Instead now it just says when they're idle. But unless you have a "miner only" you will likely never know that they're idle because they go to their hauling job, wear them self out and go on a ! rampage.

Anyway I'm rambling. Long story short this needs to happen. :)

OobleckTheGreen

YES! Dwarf Fortress has something like this if I remember correctly. The ability to set ppl into small squads and then select the entire group and activate / deactivate. That would reduce the tedium of having to find all your peeps every time there is a raider.

StorymasterQ

Definitely want. If nothing else then perhaps a key (say, C) to center the view to either the Home Zone or the Drop Beacon. Or a settable point.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Evul

It would make stuff easier and especially if you have a defense or guard teams, instead of just drafting a bunch.

This could also be used to actually have guards standing around. so when they need rest just quickselect undraft, quckselect team 2, draft, place. :)

colonistPally

Quote from: Evul on February 11, 2014, 04:32:04 AM
It would make stuff easier and especially if you have a defense or guard teams, instead of just drafting a bunch.

This could also be used to actually have guards standing around. so when they need rest just quickselect undraft, quckselect team 2, draft, place. :)

Yep I would absolutely use that functionality!

ApexPredator

This is a staple of any RTS that I can think of and I too think it would be very nice. Even more so in this game where Tynan wants us to form connections with the colonists.