[A13] Genetic Engineering

Started by Ekarus, May 08, 2016, 11:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirDerpface

Can you help please? My first 2 raids of the game were super soldiers with power armor and charge rifles, I had to destroy em because I only had colony start stuff, but now that I have 13 colonists and 4 robots and tons of stuff I never saw them anymore.

Ekarus

Quote from: SirDerpface on June 19, 2016, 10:01:32 AM
Can you help please? My first 2 raids of the game were super soldiers with power armor and charge rifles, I had to destroy em because I only had colony start stuff, but now that I have 13 colonists and 4 robots and tons of stuff I never saw them anymore.

I honestly have no idea what determines when they attack, I thought I'd set it up so that they only attack when your strong.

onelastlink

So i think I discovered a glitch I don't know if this is on purpose but someone turned 17 in my colony (normal human) and got mood skin cause of it.

Ekarus

Quote from: onelastlink on July 14, 2016, 11:16:20 PM
So i think I discovered a glitch I don't know if this is on purpose but someone turned 17 in my colony (normal human) and got mood skin cause of it.

This should haven been fixed in Version 1.02, but I'll look into it this weekend.

Ekarus

A14 broke the mod. Fixed the problems it listed in the console and it still doesn't like the mod. Not sure how to fix it at this point, sorry folks.

EDIT: I'm gonna try starting from scratch, but I very highly doubt that I'll be able to fix this any time soon.

creepyguyinblack

Hey, just saw this mod when searching for genetic engineering to see if anyone had done this yet. With all the bionic and prosthetics available, i'm reminded of the Mechanist/Shaper conflict in Bruce Sterlings epic Schismatrix, so would love to see the other side of the coin with the gene enhanced, Shaped, and so on.
The other sci fi instance that comes to mind is Iain M Banks Culture series of novels, where humanity tousands of years from now is varied widely in all shapes, sizes, metabolisms, genders, and more, but the standard culture pan-human has perfect health, drug organs from birth that can deliver nearly any kind of beneficial or pleasurable effect at a mere thought, enhanced sexual organs with vastly superior nerve bundles for both giving and receiving (its what the books say!, paaphrased).
There are also true aliens in this universe, and an interesting race are Changers, with Consider Phlebas being all about one, who becomes the last member of his species, that is simialr to pan-humans, but can alter their entire appearrance over the course of days or weeks to blend in or match s;pecific individuals so were hunted down and destroyed whenever found out by fearful people.
Not sure if that sort of disguise would have too much use in game, but some sort of malleable physiology where you could adjust sliders to adapt to whatever conditions exist.

☢FLAY☢

Techgenius