[A13] Genetic Engineering

Started by Ekarus, May 08, 2016, 11:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekarus

Genetic Engineering
Version 1.02
Rebalncing and some small features.

Features:
- An assortment of Xenohumans for every situation.
The initial release will include a handful of xenohumans which range from useful, to very nearly cosmetic: Far greater heat tolerance in excess of the appropriate trait at the expense of far worse cold vulnerability and as well as the opposite. High and Low Gravity xenohumans with greater resistance to damage and less respectively.
- Super Soldiers
What it says on the tin, they're shockingly difficult to kill, and as such are equally difficult to recruit. They come with a permanent mood boost however should you manage to 'tame' one.
- Engineered Mates
Genetically engineered lovers, completely devoted to their spouse but pretty much useless for anything else.
- Cosmetic Gene Mods
The only gene mods you'll be able to install in your colonists, gene mods are compatible with each other but provide no actual visual difference at the moment. Each will provide a small bonus to speech are are moderately expensive. Once installed, they cannot be uninstalled so use with caution.
- Attacks from Super Soldiers and Xenohumans
The game will throw the added races at you, be ready for one hell of a fight if the game throws super soldiers at you.
New! - Organ Specific Diseases
Changed (most) of the diseases in Rimworld to focus on specific organs in preparation for something greater, for now it simply allows super soldiers to survive normal diseases.
New! - Super Soldier deterioration syndrome
Super Soldiers weren't built to last, and as a result as they grow older (Around 20 years old or greater) you can expect some pretty serious repercussions of their extensive modifications and growth acceleration such as: Catastrophic Organ Failure Syndrome, Muscular Degeneration, and the dreaded Crimson Dementia!

Planned Features:
I'm releasing this before all the crazy ideas I'd had planned out are finished simply because I have next to no idea what I'm doing. If I held off on releasing this until I'd managed to cram in every single thing I wanted to it'd never come out. But, here are some features I plan to implement as I learn how to do so.
- Trade Ships
As it stands right now, I'm not 100% certain you can actually acquire any of the races I've added in game, I haven't had time to let the game trigger events on it's own and I've been unsuccessful in attempting to get the trade ships working correctly.
- More Xenohumans to go with Incidents
Radiation storms paired up with rad resistant xenohumans, xenohumans that are resistant to Toxic Fallout, that sorta thing.
- Proper sprites to go with the xenohumans and such
Code really isn't my area, but I have no idea how to get sprites into the game right now, so I can't do anything about it. I'd love to have custom images for all the various things I've added.
- Backstory & Work Restrictions
As it stands, the "nonviolent" Engineered Mates are actually capable of combat but I've made them exceedingly bad at it. It'd prefer it however if I could set them to be non-violent, as well as disable various work abilities to match the description provided in the Lore Primer.
- Xenohumans, Super Soldiers, and Engineered Mates mixed into the Colonist Pool
Not sure on this one either but as I understand it you can only get "Human" colonists right now at the start, but it'd be nice if I could mix in the others.

If anyone has info on how to do any of these, please PM me the info. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Known Issues:
- On startup you'll get a console warning with one to two errors. Disregard it, not sure what's causing it but everything seems to be functioning properly.
- Spelling errors. Lots of them. I know they're there, don't know where they are.
- Missing Social Tab. ...I have no idea where it went or how to get it back.

Compatibility:
- Compatibility patch for Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering available in downloads section

- Incompatible with NoImageAvaible's Combat Realism with no plans to create a patch due to the discontinued status.
- I made a huge mess setting this thing up, safe bet it's not compatible with much.

Download
Version 1.02
Fixed the social tab, the inability to add eye mods, a few spelling errors, and tweaked some stats and descriptions.

Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering Compatibility Patch
All credit for Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering goes to Ykara, it's a seriously wonderful mod and if you don't have it I STRONGLY recommend it.

Installation:
Extract using your favorite RAR compatible program. WinRAR is mine. Place the "GeneticEngineering V1.01" Folder in your Mods folder, enable it in game. Then finally, generate a new world to use with the mod.

Installation (Compatibility Patch):
Follow the instructions above but when enabling it in the game enable it after Genetic Engineering and Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering.

License:
- Modpacks
Sure, why not? Just be sure to mention me.
- Mods based on this
Don't see why I'd have the right to stop anyone, but if your looking for my permission go for it. I'd love to hear about it though, and as before don't forget to mention me.

Jakub k.

WOW sick!
super soldiers are sick!
Ill try this mod later,any screenshots?

Lennbolt7

This looks great! Can anyone confirm compatibility with surgery mods or anything else it might conflict with?
I just got my load order perfect and I don't want to do something stupid to mess it up. Can't wait to try this out. :)

Commander Blackwatch

Impressive Mod Don't Mess with them if you dont have a big gun
and This mod lead me to future humanity that human turn to super human

Review :
Faction = Great but you need to put on the map
They re Health with surgery = Great
Type of humans = Great

Rate
100/100

PS: Keep a Great Work Bro  ;D
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

Ekarus

Quote from: Lennbolt7 on May 08, 2016, 01:35:41 PM
This looks great! Can anyone confirm compatibility with surgery mods or anything else it might conflict with?
I just got my load order perfect and I don't want to do something stupid to mess it up. Can't wait to try this out. :)

Sorry for the late reply, I'm away from my desk. Without checking I'm pretty sure this is incompatible with any surgery mods. Might look into compatibility patches later.

Quote from: Jakub k. on May 08, 2016, 01:25:44 PM
WOW sick!
super soldiers are sick!
Ill try this mod later,any screenshots?

There's not really anything worth taking a screenshot of. The graphics involved are all standard. Though a raid of super soldiers is a sight to see.

Quote from: Blackwatch27 on May 08, 2016, 03:15:58 PM
Impressive Mod Don't Mess with them if you dont have a big gun
and This mod lead me to future humanity that human turn to super human

Review :
Faction = Great but you need to put on the map
They re Health with surgery = Great
Type of humans = Great

Rate
100/100

PS: Keep a Great Work Bro  ;D

Truth be told, I haven't done any balance yet. Part of what I posted it for XD I'll probably end up having to do some rebalancing later. As for the towns, I considered having them visible but it felt odd. If it's the only way to do it right I'll change it later.

Sorry for any odd or stray words, posting with my phone from my mother's house and I can't really read the text.

Korn.Mil

Its seems very nice mod, but sadly it conflicts with my other mods, check this thread posts please https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19999.0 becouse one guy find out that your mod causing errors :)
Anyways, its not working for me, but still thanks for this amazing mod

koni

Excuse me, please, does anybody know, how to change the texture path of the humanoid race?

YoruOokami

I had a bug with this, Heavily modded game but I managed to isolate this to Genetic Engineering, This mod removes the "Social" tab from the game, not the functionality because they still have Family members and such, but the tab is removed.

Thought I'd say because I really hope this is fixable other then this was really enjoying the mod.

Lennbolt7

Quote from: YoruOokami on May 11, 2016, 07:05:48 AM
I had a bug with this, Heavily modded game but I managed to isolate this to Genetic Engineering, This mod removes the "Social" tab from the game, not the functionality because they still have Family members and such, but the tab is removed.

Thought I'd say because I really hope this is fixable other then this was really enjoying the mod.
Same problem here.

Ekarus

Quote from: Lennbolt7 on May 11, 2016, 08:25:31 AM
Quote from: YoruOokami on May 11, 2016, 07:05:48 AM

Same problem here.

...How on Earth did I miss that... I also have no idea how or why that's missing, I don't remember touching anything to do with the Social tab.

Reaper

How long is it going to take to fix the tab?

I may have jumped the gun and installed this in a large modpack of mine and now my colony is g-soldiered up.

SmartererThanYou

Oh my.. I love this idea! I will start playing with it as soon as I can in the morning.

YoruOokami

Could be something to do with the new "needs" that you've added, Not sure exactly but In the base game from what I know social and needs directly interact (E.g. "x wants to sleep with y -3" I don't have much experience though with modding/coding/whatever you call it, so I could be completely wrong. Thought I'd mention it anyway :)

Ekarus

Quote from: YoruOokami on May 12, 2016, 03:04:32 AM
Could be something to do with the new "needs" that you've added, Not sure exactly but In the base game from what I know social and needs directly interact (E.g. "x wants to sleep with y -3" I don't have much experience though with modding/coding/whatever you call it, so I could be completely wrong. Thought I'd mention it anyway :)

...This is gonna sound crazy, but I added new needs? XD

Quote from: Reaper on May 12, 2016, 01:07:23 AM
How long is it going to take to fix the tab?

I may have jumped the gun and installed this in a large modpack of mine and now my colony is g-soldiered up.

Provided I can pry myself away from DOOM, I plan to have a patch for a multitude of existing problems and a compatibility patch for Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering (as a separate file) finished hopefully before or during the weekend.

Also, out of morbid curiosity how did you manage to get super soldiers already? I really hope they aren't attacking super early. They're meant to be a fairly high-end threat. (Power armor, loads of artillery. Fun stuff.)

Lennbolt7

Great to hear it! I can't wait to be able to bash raiders faces in with bionic super solders!
Also, you might want to look into a patch for edb prepare carefully. The "prepare carefully" button for it disappears with this installed.