[A17] Balancing Act | A game-balancing mod

Started by Nattiejim, May 10, 2016, 05:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nattiejim

The A16 beta has been released!

However, I haven't tested BalancingAct for compatibility yet (and I highly doubt it's not completely broken with the new alpha's changes), and I've been busy for a while. I'll try to make an update for the beta, but no promises. If I can't finish an update before the full A16 release, I'll update as normal after A16 comes out fully.
Hello there! | Creator of the Balancing Act mod

Nattiejim

Mod updated!
Mod updated to add compatibility for A16 and allow pod launchers to hold a bit more fuel.
**Please note that the mirrors are not yet updated; and that this has not been extensively tested. Please report any errors.

TimTumm

I can't find the A16 version.  I clicked on both the Nexus and the mirror link in the first post, and they are both from October (A15).  Am I missing an obvious link somewhere?  If so, I'd appreciate a non-subtle link. 

Nattiejim

Quote from: TimTumm on December 28, 2016, 09:52:10 PM
I can't find the A16 version.  I clicked on both the Nexus and the mirror link in the first post, and they are both from October (A15).  Am I missing an obvious link somewhere?  If so, I'd appreciate a non-subtle link.
Click here for the link.

b4d

hi there, I'm new to modding rimworld.

after loading up this mod i got some xml errors from the debug log. is this a problem?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

TimTumm

Nattiejim

Quote from: b4d on December 28, 2016, 10:41:00 PM
hi there, I'm new to modding rimworld.

after loading up this mod i got some xml errors from the debug log. is this a problem?
Noticed this already, sorry for that. Hotfix in the works right now.

Nattiejim

Hotfix for the hotfix
I released another update that fixed errors at startup.

Love

Nattiejim

Quote from: Love on December 29, 2016, 07:44:28 PM
Is the Lite version not getting updated?
Wasn't required, the Lite version didn't have the bug to my knowledge.

asquirrel

I think it still has a problem.  As soon as I load Rimworld with balancing act I get the error dialogue box:

"Exception reading Recipes_Production.xml as XML: System.Xml.XmlException: Multiple document element was detected.  Line 35, position 4.
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadStartTag () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNodeCore (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNode (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load (System.Xml.XmlReader xmlReader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml (System.String xml) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LoadableXmlAsset..ctor (System.String name, System.String fullFolderPath, System.String contents) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.LoadableXmlAsset:.ctor(String, String, String)
Verse.<XmlAssetsInModFolder>c__Iterator1EB:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs()
Verse.ModContentPack:ReloadAllContent()
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__735()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()"

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Nattiejim

Quote from: asquirrel on December 30, 2016, 04:38:20 PM
I think it still has a problem.  As soon as I load Rimworld with balancing act I get the error dialogue box:
-snip-
Make sure to keep the mod near the top of the list. Also, NONE of these errors seem to be connected to BA.

Nattiejim

Mod updated!
The mod has been updated for compatibility with A17. Steam users should receive the update automatically.

In addition:
- Psychopaths no longer care if a friend, relative, or pet is murdered or sold into slavery. Masochists no longer care if someone harms them. However, those who do care about such things now remember it for much longer.

- It is now possible to make chemfuel with hay again. However, it costs much more hay and produces less fuel than if you had used a non-hay material.

Enjoy the mod!

GrumpyProgrammer

BUG REPORT

Balancing Act seems to have some problem with Vegetable Garden. Whenever the two mods are loaded (and order does not seem to matter), the game panics and does the whole "Recovering from Incompatable or Corrupted Mods" thing. Confirmed with just Core, HugsLib, Vegetable Garden, and Balancing Act active. OS is Linux, Rimworld version is 17b (1557). I tried several times, moving Balancing Act lower in the mod order each time until just after Core. Every time, as long as Balancing Act and Vegetable Garden were loaded, the same error occurred.

Error message dump:

Exception reading Recipes_Production.xml as XML: System.Xml.XmlException: Multiple document element was detected.  Line 44, position 4.
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadStartTag () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNodeCore (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNode (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load (System.Xml.XmlReader xmlReader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml (System.String xml) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LoadableXmlAsset..ctor (System.String name, System.String fullFolderPath, System.String contents) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Caught exception while loading play data but there are active mods other than Core. Resetting mods config and trying again.
The exception was: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.PatchOperationInsert.ApplyWorker (System.Xml.XmlDocument xml) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PatchOperation.Apply (System.Xml.XmlDocument xml) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ModContentPack.LoadDefs (IEnumerable`1 patches) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LoadedModManager.LoadAllActiveMods () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.DoPlayLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.LoadAllPlayData (Boolean recovering) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Successfully recovered from errors and loaded play data.

Nattiejim

Quote from: GrumpyProgrammer on June 05, 2017, 01:27:00 AM
BUG REPORT

Balancing Act seems to have some problem with Vegetable Garden. Whenever the two mods are loaded (and order does not seem to matter), the game panics and does the whole "Recovering from Incompatable or Corrupted Mods" thing. Confirmed with just Core, HugsLib, Vegetable Garden, and Balancing Act active. OS is Linux, Rimworld version is 17b (1557). I tried several times, moving Balancing Act lower in the mod order each time until just after Core. Every time, as long as Balancing Act and Vegetable Garden were loaded, the same error occurred.

Error message dump:
-snip-
Thanks for the report. I'll see if I can get to the bottom of it.