[A17] Balancing Act | A game-balancing mod

Started by Nattiejim, May 10, 2016, 05:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nattiejim

Balancing Act
If you've played RimWorld for a while, you've probably seen some aspects of the game that seemed unbalanced in some way. Don't worry, Balancing Act is here to help with that.

So far, the mod balances:
- Length of parasite/mechanite infections
- Opinion hits due to some colonist traits
- Length of thoughts related to someone being put to death or having their organ harvested
- Output from production of artillery shells or conversion of steel to components
- Trade ship arrival
- Recruitment/training chances
I'll also be fixing more aspects of the game that people find unbalanced soon - let me know if you have any ideas as to what I should balance.

The Specifics
- "Put to death/organ harvested" memories now last 3-5 days (4-7 days with the Lite version), depending on what happened.

- Mechanites now stay for 1-2 weeks (2 weeks to a month with Lite).

- Parasites now require only 4 medical treatments before disappearing (6 treatments with the Lite version).

- The opinion hit for ugliness and disfigurement has been reduced to -15 for ugliness and -5 for disfigurement. (In the Lite version, it is -20 for ugliness and -10 for disfigurement.)

- Upon request, the market price of beer has been fixed to reflect the value of hops better. (12 silver/bottle with regular, 10 silver/bottle with Lite)

- Psychopaths no longer care if a friend, relative, or pet is murdered or sold into slavery. Masochists no longer care if someone harms them. However, those who do care about such things now remember it for much longer.

- It is now possible to make chemfuel with hay again. However, it costs much more hay and produces less fuel than if you had used a non-hay material.

We have a roadmap! Click to access.

DOWNLOAD LINKS - Click to download.
NexusMods | Mirror (if NexusMods is unavailable)

If you have any questions please feel free to message me or write back on the thread!
Hello there! | Creator of the Balancing Act mod

Nattiejim

Ouch - I think I put this in the wrong section for finished mods.

I'll see what I can do about this.

MisterVertigo

This sounds interesting, especially the part about length of parasite/mechanite infections.

What are the specific differences between your Full version and Lite version?
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Nattiejim

MisterVertigo: Thank you for your interest, I'll put the specifics between the two versions on the post.

There is a lot more than what you fix which is unbalanced.  The entire economy (market values, recipe costs) and "small volume" is completely out of whack (why would smaller things take more resources???).

Anyway, interesting start, seems akin to MarvinKosh's Less Incident Trolling.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Nattiejim

Quote from: 1000101 on May 10, 2016, 07:32:57 PM
There is a lot more than what you fix which is unbalanced.  The entire economy (market values, recipe costs) and "small volume" is completely out of whack (why would smaller things take more resources???).

Anyway, interesting start, seems akin to MarvinKosh's Less Incident Trolling.
I'll take a look at the things you've mentioned and see what I can do for a future update.

Thank you for the ideas.

Nattiejim

I've updated the mod to tweak the output of steel-to-component conversion and artillery shells.

** Please note that the mirrors/specifics may not yet be updated.

Nattiejim

Mod updated!
Trade ships now arrive more frequently. Enjoy!

joaonunes

Quote from: Nattiejim on May 25, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Mod updated!
Trade ships now arrive more frequently. Enjoy!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt this a feature that existed elsewhere? I saw that feature somewhere... Maybe not... I'll update the mod anyways xD
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Nattiejim

Quote from: joaonunes on May 25, 2016, 04:37:08 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt this a feature that existed elsewhere? I saw that feature somewhere... Maybe not... I'll update the mod anyways xD
I'm fairly sure this feature existed elsewhere - I was just adding it into the mod here for the convenience of the users. :)

joaonunes

Quote from: Nattiejim on May 25, 2016, 04:52:41 PM
I'm fairly sure this feature existed elsewhere - I was just adding it into the mod here for the convenience of the users. :)

Good to know I am not crazy or seeing things xD

But in that case is this mod compatible with the other mod?

SmartererThanYou

Quote from: joaonunes on May 25, 2016, 05:08:29 PM
Quote from: Nattiejim on May 25, 2016, 04:52:41 PM

Good to know I am not crazy or seeing things xD

But in that case is this mod compatible with the other mod?

That would be a double hack.  8)

joaonunes

vteam

I just install this. Looks good, will play with it some more. One thing you didn't mention is that the mod seemed to greatly increase chance of recruiting?

Fregrant

Quote from: vteam on May 26, 2016, 11:20:03 PM
I just install this. Looks good, will play with it some more. One thing you didn't mention is that the mod seemed to greatly increase chance of recruiting?
This and more, in the included readme file.