[Mod Request] animal armor

Started by Galvenox, May 13, 2016, 08:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galvenox

would be so nice, I'll have hope.

RazorHed

What I was thinking about was adding in a new animal body part Which does nothing , has no hit points etc.. which would be able to be replaced by animal armor . I'm 99% sure that can be done without assemblies . I can't figure out how to make the armor useful as I don't see a way to make the armor add something like extra hit points or chance to avoid damage or something armor would do, at least without assemblies.      Doing assemblies is like magic ! 

It might be possible to add something like a harness that improves carry weight or movement speed etc ... and im pretty sure those have already been done.

TheFlameTouched

If you were to create a new body part, you could specify its health, creating the illusion of armor with more hit points

RazorHed

Yes , but those hit points would be there from the start , which would negate a reason for armor and buff all animals for no reason.  Hit points don't seem to be an attribute that can be augmented just by changing a HediffDef file. I could be wrong . I haven't discovered a way to do it.  I'm not qualified enough or it could probably be done by just copying the apparel system to pets.

TheFlameTouched

Perhaps an implant, much like the bionic system for pawns, but for animals that gives a large health buff?

RazorHed

Thats what I meant by adding a new body part, so the armor could be attached via an instant surgery with no anesthetic, meds required. I just don't think you can add hp or modify hp with a HediffDef . And I don't think you can add hp to a part like a bionic leg modifies movement or a bionic arm modifies manipulation.  HP isn't in the same category as manipulation, move speed, breathing etc. 

TheFlameTouched

It doesn't necessarily need to modify or add hp, if it has an innately high amount of hp on the implant itself, forgive and correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you set the health of implants? If you can then you could create an armor plating implant that replaces a standard torso and has a base hp thats substantially higher?

RazorHed

Thats what I meant  , I don't see a way to add HP or even armor rating to an implant.

TheFlameTouched

Yea, I took another look and see I am wrong about that. Sorry :/

Fregrant

I think surgery could do the trick... Like implant armor to torso or replace organs...
Tried to do EPOE for animals - scary as hell - grizzly bear with hydraulic jaw, bionic legs, advanced bionic spine and synthetic lungs ???
Need to try adjust damage and hp for these replacements

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

RazorHed

Yeah What I was talking about the same basically as a bionic implant , but the idea would be like it was a covering . I just can't find a way to add HP or armor rating to an implant . probably can be done with an assembly which I am not qualified for.

Fregrant

Looks like HeDiff does not allow to modify pawn stats like HP and armor. So someone must to to dll assembly with workaround. Also, animals has no inventory to stuff armor there and no control to assign it.