New trait : dyspraxia

Started by Bastobasto, May 16, 2016, 04:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bastobasto

Dyspraxia for an new trait would be good.There is two type of dyspraxia and the best would be the one with the voice.With dyspraxia,we have problem saying some sound ( Like me its R but in french )

This could make the jaw ( talking ) become poor ( Even if its not from where it come )

Tynan

Interesting. Maybe it would be better modeled as a permanent health condition?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Bastobasto

Wex

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Lakuna

Quote from: Wex on May 21, 2016, 09:23:17 PM
Actually, dispraxia is poor coordination.
https://www.understood.org/en/learning-attention-issues/child-learning-disabilities/dyspraxia/understanding-dyspraxia
What you suggest is probably dysphonia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysphonia

They should both be traits!
How did you get Tynan to reply to your thread so quickly? I've had a thread about adding ADD for a few weeks, and I've gotten lots of good feedback, but I don't think I've been noticed yet :-\. Notice me, send pie!

Bastobasto

Actually you may know that often, dyspraxia hit the way you talk

'' A person with dyspraxia has problems with movement, coordination, judgment, processing, memory, and some other cognitive skills. Dyspraxia also affects the body's immune and nervous systems. ''

Dyspraxia include a lot of things, including talking.

Edit : I don't care that im necroposting ESPECIALLY when Tynan has answered me but didn't eventually added this into the game.

Third_Of_Five

Quote from: Bastobasto on May 16, 2016, 04:17:58 PM
( Like me its R but in french )

Are you sure that's a health thing? I'm pretty sure the french "r" is just hard to pronounce in general.

Bastobasto

I dont think that everyone say their's R as L

BasileusMaximos

Like Tygan said, they shouldn't be traits, they should be health conditions so you can effect them with medicine.

VincentJ

Quote from: BasileusMaximos on January 22, 2018, 01:06:07 PM
Like Tygan said, they shouldn't be traits, they should be health conditions so you can effect them with medicine.

I've never heard about someone who is not suffering from dispraxia anymore. Disphonia in rare cases you can do something... but with medicine ? I have doubts. More with a speech therapist.
The advantage of health conditions is you have several levels (minor, major...)