trader meals have no ingredients

Started by matthiaskrgr, May 28, 2016, 06:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthiaskrgr

When killing a couple of members from a trade caravan and they drop meals, their meals have no ingredients listed.
I understand that this is probably just blank because they were "spawned by the game" and not actually cooked by a cook but perhaps the ingredients could be randomly selected (and pawns with cannibal trait could drop human-meat meals at a random chance).

ison

I think it's fine if the ingredients are unknown. Though I'd like Tynan to take a look at this report.

Songleaves

Maybe they could spawn with the ingredients as "Unknown"?

b0rsuk

Please think about strictly carnivorous animals. They currently eat all meals. If you allow meals with undefined ingredients, basically waving the issue away, how to treat them for purposes of carnivores ? Animals have good sense of smell, they would know.

Songleaves

While I generally agree with you here Borsuk, I will note that animals will often eat pretty much anything, even if not strictly part of their diet. For instance, most cat foods use grains as their base. Additionally, while I don't generally condone giving non-meat to obligate carnivores, there are videos like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59DpxqlYaV4.

Tynan

I'm going to call this as designed.

We could do this later, if it becomes relevant, but for now it's not worth the effort of making sure all the meals are culturally/situationally sensible in their ingredient choices.

Thanks for the report.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog