party: beer taken but not drunk if party finishes

Started by matthiaskrgr, May 29, 2016, 04:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthiaskrgr

Sometimes when a party is happening, a colonist will take a beer and go to a table and "relax socially". If the party then ends, it may be that the colonist has not drunk their beer yet, they will just leave leaving the bottle on the table.

EDIT1: I also noticed that there is no action-progress indicator (the small yellow progress bar) when they drink the beer via "relaxing socially". It just 'disappears'. Is that a bug?

cultist

Was it a teetotaler? They will sometimes grab a beer and "relax socially", but then leave the beer on the table when they finish. Not sure if this is intentional.

milon

Quote from: matthiaskrgr on May 29, 2016, 04:57:50 AM
EDIT1: I also noticed that there is no action-progress indicator (the small yellow progress bar) when they drink the beer via "relaxing socially". It just 'disappears'. Is that a bug?

Were you zoomed in close enough?  If you zoom out just a bit, you won't see any progress bars or item stack counters.

matthiaskrgr

Quote from: milon on June 01, 2016, 08:55:59 AM
Quote from: matthiaskrgr on May 29, 2016, 04:57:50 AM

Were you zoomed in close enough?  If you zoom out just a bit, you won't see any progress bars or item stack counters.

Yes, I am fully zoomed in.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

matthiaskrgr

Quote from: cultist on May 31, 2016, 02:00:06 PM
Was it a teetotaler? They will sometimes grab a beer and "relax socially", but then leave the beer on the table when they finish. Not sure if this is intentional.
Mmh, I don't have any of those in my colony it seems.
BTW, Is there a way I can force a party to end via debug tools?

EDIT: seems to be quite easy to reproduce with parties.

I think this is a priority problem. When while relaxing socially (with beer) a pawn gets assigned a high priority task, the "relaxing socially" is ended but the beer is not consumed because it has not enough priority.
That's my shot in the dark at least.

"Relaxing socially with beer" and "consuming beer" seem to be two different things in the engine, so perhaps an unification could help fix some of these problems I reported.

ison

Even though it would be possible to add one, a progress bar doesn't really make sense for jobs like "relax socially".

Pawns dropping their beer when the party ends is a bug though. Fixed, thanks.