[Mod Request] Realistic Features

Started by Raccoon, May 29, 2016, 08:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raccoon

Are we able to get some realistic features at the moment?

Something like

• Air and Oxygen lose in bunkers
• Food Nutrition
• Natural Illness
• Weight (Underweight) (Overweight [I dont know the correct word)
• Illness because of Food Nutrition and Overweight/Underweight
• Toxic Plants for Human but not Animals
• Bone breaking is a long term of healing
• The need of Water
• More Weather effects like hail, tornados, earthquake and something else
• Radiation Effects

Admiral Obvious

Nutrition is already a thing, although it's not particularly pronounced.

Air would be interesting for cases of contained fires.

Underweight, and overweight are both correct terms, and have been introduced in a few mods I've seen, but never done anything more than adjust work speeds. (Obese is another word for overweight, if you were trying for that word.)

Broken bones are "cracks" caused by blunt damage.

joaonunes

• Air and Oxygen lose in bunkers - Why? Unless you mean underground bunkers instead of "pillbox" bunkers, in that case it would be interesting to add the need of ventilation systems for underground bases, because even after adding bugs to the equation it is still pretty easy to build underground... I've ever even seen a bug on my saves :/
• Food Nutrition - Already implemented?
• Natural Illness - People catching a cold or something? Would be cool.
• Illness because of Food Nutrition and Overweight/Underweight - As said before, movement speed and work speed penalty should be enough, and the lack of nutrition already adds something called starvation or whatever, and I think it already adds penalties to consciousness, etc...
• Toxic Plants for Human but not Animals - There already are plants that can only be consumed by animals, because humans are not stupid enough to eat something they can't digest/is poisonous... Although I am not really sure it is vanilla or added by mods...
• Bone breaking is a long term of healing - As said before, already exists
• The need of Water - Added difficulty in deserts, but water needs would be more logical than just plain food needs, although a change right now would mean a rewrite on the food types (and the addition of a new food type: liquids)
• More Weather effects like hail, tornados, earthquake and something else - Interesting, a new threat to colonies and all buildings in general
• Radiation Effects - People can already die from radiation, but you want pawns to vomit, have hair loss, deformations, etc from radiation?
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

azariven

I think radiation is present in crash landing... the huge ship reactor is a radiation hazard

joaonunes

Quote from: azariven on June 01, 2016, 01:40:51 PM
I think radiation is present in crash landing... the huge ship reactor is a radiation hazard

yes but the damage from radiation is only death at the moment :P no "radiation sickness"
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!