Schedule Job Priority

Started by Sharp, June 03, 2016, 07:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharp

Unsure if this has been suggested before, couldn't see from a cursory search.

It would be nice to be able to schedule when a worker does a certain job type for example in the morning a colonist does growing as high priority, then in the evening hunting is the high priority. Or default priority for most of the day but at night it is cleaning and hauling which take priority.

This way you can ensure the lower priority tasks still get done in the day at least a little bit instead of all high priority tasks and then low priority tasks.

As for interface it would probably be something like 2 options (could increase) in the manual priorities like Work 1 and Work 2, then in the Scheduler you have a Work 1 and Work 2 as options to set the times for which colonist to use which schedule, when the time hits Work 2 then the Work 2 priorities get set for that colonist and then that Cook can start cleaning up all that damn mess from butchering.

Far too often Research Cleaning and Hauling get left alone for too long without dedicated colonists for those jobs, this way more colonists can share the burden at different times.
Also makes it useful to train up lower skilled colonists by letting the high skilled one take a break from doing some jobs for a bit, as there isn't a max skill option for default bills *hint* *hint* ;) ;)

robohunterx

I think a more robust system needs to be added as well, as the 1-4 priority on each jobs is somewhat odd and over-complicates things at times. Seems like it'd be really easy to use the work/job/sleep scheduler to add in new "Work Zones/Slots/etc" into it, then in the Job Prioirty tab, adding some UI element to each job box per colonist where you could select it, perhaps having the box background color change on right click, and the job priority number change on a left click to denote what job zone/time/area/whatever?

This could also allow Work Areas as well, to be assigned per Job Group (Boom, Job Group is a good name for it! lol) But now I just keep wanting to add on more and more functions...haha, great idea though!
Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
   -P. J. O'Rourke

robohunterx

Heya, I actually ran across an awesome, but pretty tedious/complex looking mod that does exactly what you want! I'm about to fire up a game with this :D
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725219116&searchtext=

It's from Fluffy, and it also requires the "Common Core Library" which is here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16599.0 just make sure it's at the top on the mod list (right below Core!)
Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
   -P. J. O'Rourke

Sharp

Yeah I discovered it shortly after making the suggestion xD and now it's one that I wouldn't want to play without.

It would be great for vanilla behaviour.

codyjriggle

Great idea.  I'd also love to see a job queue so I can tell one guy to "mine these 5 blocks" without having to change his rules just for that.