What's your favorite game soundtrack?

Started by TronPrime1, February 20, 2014, 12:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TronPrime1

Okay, I thought to myself, what game forum would be best to post this question on? How about the one for a game without a soundtrack? xD

GO!

Assassin's Creed 4 (Brian Tyler)

GC13

Hmmmmmm... I've played some games with some really nice soundtracks, but I have to go with Payday 2. Brings me right back into the game every time I hear the assault themes.

theSovietConnection

I've always been a fan of the Mass Effect trilogy soundtrack. Loved the music in that game.

If we can include games that had radio stations though, my favorite will always be K-DST on San Andreas.

Jones-250

Halo, Red Alert 2 (+ all the other C&Cs), System Shock (both), M.E., Half-Life (all content related) et cetera, et cetera, ad infinitum. I can not really choose one of these, they are all brilliant in their own way. In fact, I should add a few more, the early CoD and MoH soundtracks + Alien Swarm & TF2.
Skill,
  Cohesion
      and a Forward spirit.

Adam561

==Adam561==
==Mod Author and Designer==
==RimWorld==
www.adam561mods.webs.com

baxterdavid

The only soundtrack that I own is the Persona 4 one so I would go with that one. It is damn good.

Tynan

Skyrim and two tracks off Mechwarrior II: Pyre Light and Arkham Bridge.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Darker

Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

Hancake

I've never actually played it, but we have it on the ipod- the bastion soundtrack. When my bf told me it was a game soundtrack I was amazed, they really went all out for it- sounds more like a movie!

theSovietConnection

Quote from: Hancake on March 26, 2014, 05:06:08 PM
I've never actually played it, but we have it on the ipod- the bastion soundtrack. When my bf told me it was a game soundtrack I was amazed, they really went all out for it- sounds more like a movie!

I can't believe I forgot Bastion.

If you have the money for it, go pick it up on Steam. Easily among the best $15 I ever spent.

bluntfeather

I really need to finish Bastion sometime.

Xenogears, The Cat Lady, and To The Moon. If I had to pick a favorite Xenogears would take it only because it's the oldest soundtrack I still listen to with any frequency. The original OST's composer (Yasunori Mitsuda) also did a couple album's where he revised many of the songs as well, Creid being the most inspired IMO. Interesting fact, Xenogears was originally intended to be FF8 but was deemed too dark, and that's where its budget was cut leading to a heavily abridged second disk.

Evul

I think Republic Commando is on the top of my game music.

mathwizi2005

one name
Frank Klepacki

did every single game for Westwood Studios proper (including Petroglyph as its now called)

of everything he did, the Tiberian Sun scores are best (i run them while i play C&C3)

Celthric Aysen

FTL Advanced Edition,Skyrim, and Starbound.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

FtDLulz

Halo, Starcraft, Mass Effect, Black Mesa: Source. Probably more but I can't list them off the top of my head.