Visitors might decide to stay

Started by paxinum, June 30, 2016, 06:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paxinum

It would be cool if visitors that come by that know someone in the colony already might decide to stay with the colony, or opposite, people in the colony that have strong bonds with visitors might decide to leave.
Also, colonists should be more prone to leave if they are unhappy, or not having many friends.

This makes random visitors that do not trade more interesting, and perhaps a hidden danger if they can convince colonists to leave.

skullywag

There was a bug in early A13 builds where visitors that were related stayed behind and helped out with tasks autonomously (growing cleaning etc) Tynan fixed this bug, I thought it was quite a cool interaction at first (they just needed to actually leave though).
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Tagasaki

That was a bug? Seriously? Damn that was a cool thing to have, even if the related is a pirate, family is family. =P

Wex

First time I've heard of a bug that didn't need fixing.
What happened in reality? Why was this fixed?
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

caidrath

I like the idea of staying or leaving. It might add a new meaning to "visits".

skullywag

Family members in trade groups and visitors would just hang around and start growing cleaning etc but wouldnt ever leave. It was a really good bug. You couldnt control them or anything. I congratulated Tynan on a great addition, one i never expected, then he fixed it :(
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Wex

It was fixed in the wrong direction then. Having them join for good would have been appreciated.
I imagine the scene: you are tilling the earth, on this god forsaken planet, as you have been doing in the last 5 years from the crash.
Then, a trade caravan comes by, it's those savages, they bring good meat and buy wodden spears you build in your spare time... Who's that between them? DAD? He didn't die in the crash!
Now the question is: would you convince him to stay or would you go with him?
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

ArguedPiano

It's an interesting idea. I've also thought of family members during raids and such. If you were to capture somebody's daughter or brother you think you would be more likely to recruit them into your colony.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

Adamiks

Quote from: Wex on July 01, 2016, 01:02:46 PM
It was fixed in the wrong direction then. Having them join for good would have been appreciated.
I imagine the scene: you are tilling the earth, on this god forsaken planet, as you have been doing in the last 5 years from the crash.
Then, a trade caravan comes by, it's those savages, they bring good meat and buy wodden spears you build in your spare time... Who's that between them? DAD? He didn't die in the crash!
Now the question is: would you convince him to stay or would you go with him?

And sad reality is like:
DAD?!

Here, have this human skin for ridiculously high price!

Ok, bye dad! See ya.... Ehm, never!

Rim soldier

There is a mod that allows you to recruit visitors into your faction so i guess you could always recruit relatives that way.

Mod link -> https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11444.0
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the humans in the area have been driven insane.

Kryc8

/\ But we want to implement it into the game and we want family members to decide if they want or don't want to stay with colony without making fancy bedrooms for them.