Prisoner Common Areas

Started by Viriathus, July 11, 2016, 12:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viriathus

I think it'd be great to have a way to expand the allowed areas for prisoners, so they aren't stuck in a bedroom. Maybe having a dining facility, or common area with joy objects there would help to increase the chance of recruitment without putting the items in the rooms for just one prisoner. Having common areas could increase the chance of a jailbreak because they can conspire together.

Also recruiting a prisoner should decrease the progress of the jailbreaks, or warn that they are near.

Mrred1

I agree. Prisoners deserve at least a little joy.
"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings." ~ Robert Bloch ~

DariusWolfe

This is sorta already possible by not putting doors on your individual prisoner bedrooms, which creates a prison barracks basically, where you can put joy objects.

It does cause a minor problem with disturbed sleep if someone walks past the prison cell, so I wouldn't mind a little more flexibility in declaring the areas.

falconbunker

Neotic

Quote from: falconbunker on July 11, 2016, 09:05:41 PM
Yes, yes, and yes.
i also agree with this guy; but this isnt prison architect its Rimworld
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

falconbunker

but it'd still be nice to be able to just put food down in one place for all of the prisoners, and not go to the stockpile, then to the cell, then stock, then back for multiple prisoners

DariusWolfe

You can.  Create a stockpile that only allows Simple Meals, set it to critical whenever there are prisoners, and turn off "Gets food" for the prisoners. They'll deliver the meals, and the prisoners will eat when hungry. The meals will decay outside of a cooler, but slowly enough that you'll be fine.

quxzcover

assuming your using prisoners to recruit, they get a huge joy bonus assuming you have someone talking to them all the time. just make a huge barracks, shove all your prisoners in there, and put a nutrient paste dispenser in there. turn off deliver food for all of them and just keep the NPD stocked. when a prison break occurs just draft a bunch of people, and make them use there fists- no casualties or major injuries for the most part. no need to put a single statue, or even light the place. there happiness will be maxed most of the time. a huge empty room with sleeping spots even works. the only need you would need to fill then is joy- so just put a chess table in there. if you cant afford to constantly talk to them, real beds, a few lights, and a table with charis should be all you need.

Stay tuned for A14 and the release of Prisoners & Slaves!
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.