will i get a steam key?

Started by lukiva, July 14, 2016, 04:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gralad

Quote from: Sh4d0w225 on July 14, 2016, 07:00:37 PM
I am personally a bit worried about how I actually get the key, is it via email? What? Beh.. Confusion!

why worried ? did you use fake email/fake name to make the purchase? if yes its your own fault if no then why worried?

Negator

Steam probably prohibit promises so that people can't sue Steam if Tynan screws them  :o

If the developer can produce his own after the event then we should wait patiently for a few days.

Hopefully Tynan is bursting to tell us more, and hopefully its for the right reasons  :D

milon

Only 6 more hours until the frantic Steam posts die down  ^_^

... And then we'll have a whole new set of users with a whole new set of questions.  :)

Thorin

Quote from: milon on July 15, 2016, 06:14:00 AM
Only 6 more hours until the frantic Steam posts die down  ^_^

... And then we'll have a whole new set of users with a whole new set of questions.  :)

Hopefully only on Steam, where I won't be
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Cdr.Keen

Bought my game on 29th of nov 2013. Still got no key yet - i think we have to wait till evening.
be water my friend!

skullywag

See milons signature. But yes youll have to wait for release.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Sh4d0w225

Quote from: Gralad on July 15, 2016, 05:45:58 AM

why worried ? did you use fake email/fake name to make the purchase? if yes its your own fault if no then why worried?

I am worried due to me not being 100% as to which e-mail I used to buy the game, I believe i've already bought the game twice already due to me not remember precisely which e-mail I used x.x

tiba666

Quote from: Sh4d0w225 on July 14, 2016, 07:00:37 PM
I am personally a bit worried about how I actually get the key, is it via email? What? Beh.. Confusion!

try to read here " http://ludeon.com/blog/support/ "

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Sh4d0w225 on July 15, 2016, 08:35:32 AM
Quote from: Gralad on July 15, 2016, 05:45:58 AM

I am worried due to me not being 100% as to which e-mail I used to buy the game, I believe i've already bought the game twice already due to me not remember precisely which e-mail I used x.x

Go to that link in Milon's sig right now. It is still setup to just send you the email with links to the SendOwl downloads right now. So if you just enter all the email addresses it could be and see which one the email shows up in, you'll know.

Cdr.Keen

Quote from: Sh4d0w225 on July 15, 2016, 08:35:32 AM
[...]

I just searched my whole e-mail client about "rimworld" and found the mails with the sendowl links for the drm-free versions i played so far. I looked up the email they send to - it is the same email as my paypal account i used to buy the game back in 2013.
be water my friend!

Sh4d0w225

Thank you so much Blacksmoke :) Which there was a way for me to give you REP or anything as a thanks

crazybmanp

Quote from: skullywag on July 15, 2016, 03:13:15 AM
Ill say it again.

Tynan cannot PROMISE you a key. Once its released he can do what he likes with keys...do the math.
This is some new information... perhaps very interesting

daft73

K guys, it seems to work fine. Use Milon's link in sig. I'm not sure on the cut-off for this to apply to all, I joined the crusade in October 2013.  ;)

milon

Quote from: Thorin on July 15, 2016, 06:45:21 AM
Quote from: milon on July 15, 2016, 06:14:00 AM
... And then we'll have a whole new set of users with a whole new set of questions. 

Hopefully only on Steam, where I won't be

Me either, really, but they'll come here.  You know - "if you build it" and all that.

Quote from: daft73 on July 15, 2016, 11:40:14 AM
K guys, it seems to work fine. Use Milon's link in sig. I'm not sure on the cut-off for this to apply to all, I joined the crusade in October 2013.  ;)

Actually, I put that in my signature pre-emptively since I'm leaving shortly for vacation.  It *is* the official page, but I re-checked just now, and it still only generates the SendOwl link (for me, anwyay).  I haven't checked Steam to see if it's launched there or not.

Devstorm

It hasn't as of five minutes ago. It read 'less than an hour'.