[MOD] (Alpha 9) Target Practise (v.2.01)

Started by ItchyFlea, February 26, 2014, 04:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

I missed the shootyness of the range so turned the pistol shot into a sustainer and added it as the work sound for the recipe, ill do some playing with the levels later to make it sound a bit more "rangey", Ive also started to add a new effecterDef with a custom texture for the casings but ill upload that later on as im not quite happy with it. Feel free to use this if you want obv. :)

Edit - ok reuploaded with better sound levels. Still might need tweaking but its better.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Epyk

The new additions are fantastic. Thanks for the update ItchyFlea
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

ItchyFlea

Quote from: skullywag on January 09, 2015, 07:33:31 PM
I missed the shootyness of the range so turned the pistol shot into a sustainer and added it as the work sound for the recipe, ill do some playing with the levels later to make it sound a bit more "rangey", Ive also started to add a new effecterDef with a custom texture for the casings but ill upload that later on as im not quite happy with it. Feel free to use this if you want obv. :)

Edit - ok reuploaded with better sound levels. Still might need tweaking but its better.

I didn't know that could be done without .dll coding. I'll give you credit in the OP.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Rock5

This might be a stupid question but how do you make the dummies? I don't see it anywhere.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Rock5 on January 16, 2015, 02:34:48 PM
This might be a stupid question but how do you make the dummies? I don't see it anywhere.
They're in the security tab.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Rock5

Ok, I see what I did. I downloaded the wrong version. That list at the end of the post is a bit misleading. Thanks for your help.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

Something funny about rotating the left and right shooting range pieces. When they're rotated so the target end is to the left it flips up side down. It's still usable because you can put the left side on the right and the right on the left but still...
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

ItchyFlea

That annoys me too, but it has to do with how the game handles things facing left/right. There is no way around it unfortunately.

Since the left and right pieces are only cosmetic, it's fine to place the left one on the right side (and vice versa) when you're in that situation.

Rock5

Thant's strange because other objects can be rotated. Oh well, like I said, it doesn't matter. It's still usable. Actually I'm not using the sides at all at the moment.

BTW I'm really happy with the mod. Happy to see the colonists have something to do instead of being idle. The only small annoyance I have is I sometimes forget to set the bill and it takes me a while to notice the added range isn't being used.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

skullywag

Itchy not sure if youre still using my sound tweak (im using my local version still) but theres a small bug if you are. Gunsounds continue after pausing, need to add the pause handler to the sounddef. Core has a few, if you cant find it let me know and ill paste up the line of xml (not near my pc right now). If yourr not using it ignore all of the above. :)

Rock5

What's with the sound anyway? I read posts about how it's been improved and sounds better but all I hear is a sort of hissing noise.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Epyk

Quote from: Rock5 on January 21, 2015, 01:27:56 AM
What's with the sound anyway? I read posts about how it's been improved and sounds better but all I hear is a sort of hissing noise.

That hissing noise is actually the exact sound you'll hear at a shooting range when honing your own shooting skills.   :D
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

ItchyFlea

Quote from: skullywag on January 19, 2015, 03:09:53 AM
Itchy not sure if youre still using my sound tweak (im using my local version still) but theres a small bug if you are. Gunsounds continue after pausing, need to add the pause handler to the sounddef. Core has a few, if you cant find it let me know and ill paste up the line of xml (not near my pc right now). If yourr not using it ignore all of the above. :)
I haven't included it in the mod as you said you were still working on the effecterDef. I have used it personally though and I do like it. :)

skullywag

Ah k. I have like 100 things im working on. Its on the list and i will get to it.