[A17] DoorMat

Started by Latta, July 18, 2016, 11:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakkon

Quote from: notfood on July 19, 2016, 12:05:22 AM
I'd rather rewrite the whole thing, that mod's a mess! :-[

Sounds like all my coding :P

Telkir

Nice to see this super-useful mod updated! One of my personal favourites.

madpluck

Quote from: DepOpt on July 18, 2016, 11:34:29 PM
This is so simple, but the ramifications of it actually made me stop and sit here with my mouth hanging open for a while. Considering cleaning can take up a large chunk of your manpower, with noticeable effects on mood and health if neglected, this might actually be a little broken...

Wow AGREED. This is so simple yet dauntingly huge. Filth makes SO much of an impact on the environment. That is brilliant. Also, finally a reason to research carpets!

OtioseNexus

I was just thinking to myself this was a mod we needed, nice one!

To possibly balance a little you could make a limit to how much dirt and mat could 'clean', so that if not cleaned for a while people will begin traipsing dirt all over again

Latta

Quote from: OtioseNexus on July 19, 2016, 04:41:00 PM
To possibly balance a little you could make a limit to how much dirt and mat could 'clean', so that if not cleaned for a while people will begin traipsing dirt all over again

Filth has its own stack limit of 20, so if your colony is reeeaaally dirty or has few cleaners it won't work well.
For a less number than 20, I'm not sure if I can.

That Homeless Guy

That is normal though if you have allot of dirty people then door mats will do sweet FA which is fair to reality. Ever been on a building site and seen the mat in the foremans office? It's basically made of dirt like the rest of the floor.

I was just coming to suggest that rather than drop all the dirt you drop some of the dirt on them. a random number between 1 - 7 say or upto the amount of dirt on the colonist. Because doormats only take some of the dirt and only from your feet. Maybe an optional version?

Explain what bit in the source defines the number of dirt dropped and I can even just do this for myself.
Cheers I like the idea of this mod keep it up.

Latta

Quote from: Latta on July 19, 2016, 04:49:53 PM
Quote from: OtioseNexus on July 19, 2016, 04:41:00 PM

Filth has its own stack limit of 20, so if your colony is reeeaaally dirty or has few cleaners it won't work well.

After a fast check it seems that one type of filth can only be stacked up to 5. So it can hold like sand x5, dust x5 but not dust x10.

Quote from: That Homeless Guy on July 19, 2016, 06:31:19 PM
That is normal though if you have allot of dirty people then door mats will do sweet FA which is fair to reality. Ever been on a building site and seen the mat in the foremans office? It's basically made of dirt like the rest of the floor.

I was just coming to suggest that rather than drop all the dirt you drop some of the dirt on them. a random number between 1 - 7 say or upto the amount of dirt on the colonist. Because doormats only take some of the dirt and only from your feet. Maybe an optional version?

Explain what bit in the source defines the number of dirt dropped and I can even just do this for myself.
Cheers I like the idea of this mod keep it up.

Filth drop can't be controlled as most parts of Pawn_FilthTracker is hidden behind privates. If it's really important, one can make it happen via more reflections but that's a mess. :P

OtioseNexus

Quote from: Latta on July 20, 2016, 07:30:20 AM
Quote from: Latta on July 19, 2016, 04:49:53 PM

After a fast check it seems that one type of filth can only be stacked up to 5. So it can hold like sand x5, dust x5 but not dust x10.

Fair enough, while not realistic that seems balanced already to me then, and trying to sort the x5 sand + x5 dust but not x10 dust seems more hassle then it's worth. Awesome, works for me!

That Homeless Guy

Ok that makes more sense.
Note to self: When building the modding API for your game, watch for protected data like this that may be useful to the modder (Remember movement states in Project Zombiods LUA stopped your mod from being finished for this reason)

Latta

Quote from: topp2000 on July 26, 2016, 10:11:36 AM
This is a Chinese language pack.Hope that the author can adopt

Thank you, will update soon.

Bardolvan

Hey there. I like this mod very much, but sadly there is no Russian translation. I can help you tho, but i dont know much about coding and ect. You dont have a lot of text so i'm just gonna write translations.
Doormat - Половик
red - красный
green - зеленый
blue - синий
Large - Большой
Example: Large doormat (red) - Большой половик (красный)
doormat (blue) - Половик (синий)
And description will be "Очищает ноги от грязи" (It will be "Cleans legs from dirt" actually, but in russian it sounds better)
I hope i helped you somehow.

Latta

Quote from: Bardolvan on July 30, 2016, 05:51:54 AM
Hey there. I like this mod very much, but sadly there is no Russian translation. I can help you tho, but i dont know much about coding and ect. You dont have a lot of text so i'm just gonna write translations.
Doormat - Половик
red - красный
green - зеленый
blue - синий
Large - Большой
Example: Large doormat (red) - Большой половик (красный)
doormat (blue) - Половик (синий)
And description will be "Очищает ноги от грязи" (It will be "Cleans legs from dirt" actually, but in russian it sounds better)
I hope i helped you somehow.

So I can copy and combine those? Sure, thank you!

kaptain_kavern

As others, here is my french translation :p

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Latta

Updated: Two new language supports(Thank you two!) and added pathing cost of 10 due to requests.

GamePanda

Is there any 'danger' when we use this version on Alpha 15?

And because i want to help, heres a german version :D

Doormat - Fußabtreter
red - rot
green - grün
blue - blau
Large - groß
Example: Large doormat (red) - Großer Fußabtreter (rot)
doormat (blue) - Fußabtreter (blau)
And description will be "Ein Fußabtreter, damit deine Kolonie sauber bleibt" (Will be "A doormat to keep your colony clean" in english)