Screen flickering problems on Linux

Started by Anuovis, July 19, 2016, 10:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anuovis

Hello,
I have this problem with the 0.14.1238 version. If I run the game in fullscreen (my preferred way), the scrolling seems to be way more smoother compared to the 0.13 but the screen flickers and flashes. I get grey flashes, the menus flicker and this also reveals the ancient ruins in the map for a moment. If I run it in a windowed mode, none of this happens but the scrolling is really slow and jittery.

I did not have any of this in the 0.13 version. The scrolling was not as smooth but no flickering at all. My hardware, OS and the drivers are exactly the same as before, minus whatever updates have been happening in the past month or two.

I have a 2GB AMD video card that is for some reason listed as an Intel card. It is running with the open source drivers, the proprietary ones seem really finicky, so I would rather avoid them.

Attaching the system information.
Were there any changes going into Alpha 14 that could have caused this? Is there anything I can do?

Thank you.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

thuban

I'm afraid that unity3d v5 used since A14 is kinda buggy according to what I've read on linux threads. Not sure it's related to your problem.