[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

Check the pull requests, there is already a working A16 version. HardcoreSK uses it.

Tgr

What am I doing wrong? I installed the A16 version, but it's totally broken. Can't place objects etc.

burandon

You have to compile the .dll, not just placing the mod folder as it is on Github. I don't have the knowledge for that unfortunately...

EDIT: I compiled the .dll using Xamarin Studio, it works fine for me. I had some problems before with ductwork not working, but once I changed the mod load order and disabled some mods I don't use anymore, it fully works now. Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt81t9uxqcuu21b/RimWorld-RedistHeat-master.rar?dl=0 I hope it helps while the mod is officially updated.

Degraine

Ditto the thanks. I could take or leave the ducts, but I missed the super-spiffy wall vents and the additional temperature control buildings.

Hydromancerx

I used the ducts as pretend water and sewage pipes.

nbielinski

Quote from: burandon on January 06, 2017, 02:24:38 PM
You have to compile the .dll, not just placing the mod folder as it is on Github. I don't have the knowledge for that unfortunately...

EDIT: I compiled the .dll using Xamarin Studio, it works fine for me. I had some problems before with ductwork not working, but once I changed the mod load order and disabled some mods I don't use anymore, it fully works now. Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt81t9uxqcuu21b/RimWorld-RedistHeat-master.rar?dl=0 I hope it helps while the mod is officially updated.

Thanks a ton for the work, but I do have just one question. What was the problem stopping you from using ducts? I'm having the same issue but I have +20 mods and I'm looking for anything in particular that might be a problem

deathstar

Quote from: nbielinski on January 06, 2017, 06:29:25 PM
Quote from: burandon on January 06, 2017, 02:24:38 PM

Thanks a ton for the work, but I do have just one question. What was the problem stopping you from using ducts? I'm having the same issue but I have +20 mods and I'm looking for anything in particular that might be a problem

I just did a quick test with burandon's version (thank you by the way). Redistheat is the very last mod on my LO and everything seems to be working fine for me.

nbielinski

Did a quick reinstall and shoved in a new save, seems I'm able to use the ducts now. Thankfully.

Dryerlint

Had the same problem, don't try and use this mod on a preexisting save.

faltonico

Quote from: Dryerlint on January 06, 2017, 08:53:45 PM
You mean the unofficial version of the mod on a preexisting save.

Morgloz

ok A16 version is out!, Ductwork is disabled until I finish it. Sorry for the wait
My mods:
RedistHeat

Morgloz

Quote from: faltonico on January 07, 2017, 03:04:59 AM
Quote from: Dryerlint on January 06, 2017, 08:53:45 PM
You mean the unofficial version of the mod on a preexisting save.

The official version also has problems on preexisting saves
My mods:
RedistHeat

Mrshilka

Great to see a release thanks mate!, Ducts are nice but your temperature machines and those fantastic vents your mod has is the real reason I love it!.

Goldini50

Unfortunately for me it is not possible to place any Object.  :(
I tested it without any other mod (Only Core + RedistHeat ) and a new map - still the same problem.
If I try to place f.e. a small cooler, this message appears in my log :

"Exception in UIRootUpdate: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be Null.
Parameter name : type"

Is there any workaround/hotfix for this ?
Cheers,...