Rejected Proposal debuff is insane.

Started by b0rsuk, July 21, 2016, 07:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Quote from: giannikampa on July 22, 2016, 09:34:32 AM
Quote from: andyprogrammer on July 21, 2016, 12:01:12 PM
Have you ever had your marriage proposal be rejected?

Trust me, it kills your mood for a long time.

:(

Still won't push you in a killing rampage

Also it does not go away, when the other party accepts ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

andyprogrammer

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 22, 2016, 09:55:58 AM
Quote from: giannikampa on July 22, 2016, 09:34:32 AM
Quote from: andyprogrammer on July 21, 2016, 12:01:12 PM
Have you ever had your marriage proposal be rejected?

Trust me, it kills your mood for a long time.

:(

Still won't push you in a killing rampage

Also it does not go away, when the other party accepts ..

Again, I have lived this. Not the killing rampage part, but I have actually ended up marrying someone who rejected my marriage proposal the first time. The mood impact lasted a very long time on that rejection. And it's not like the second time I proposed it erased what happened. I did wander around in a daze. I did hide in my room. So the "broken" psychology part is realistic.

Should it be -49? Yeah from a game point of view that seems broken.

But don't argue from the point of view of simulation that it's not a big deal. Try living it :) :(

SpaceDorf

I am going through a divorce right now ..
so I am not only trying to live it, I succeeded :)

Shurp

Quote from: b0rsuk on July 22, 2016, 08:36:51 AM
I don't like mutilating a colonist, especially a cute little Rat who has LMG, is triggerhappy but has no skill with guns.

It's a good thing suicide hasn't been introduced into Rimworld yet.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

SpaceDorf

You mean like undressing while its -30° C Outside or starving to death next to a full fridge while throwing a tantrum because they are hungry :D

Daman453

A mood debuff on killing anyone related to anyone when they raid you is insane. Also rejected romance debuff stacks and they can use it at any time. :L Use the one big family mod and you will know my pain.
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Zombra

The operative thing I'm seeing is the truncated x at the end of the line.

It's probably trying to say something like "My proposal was rejected by Mole x8", meaning he kept asking over and over and the rejection debuff continues to stack.  Apparently the two have been lovers for a while, so the game decided they've reached the proposal stage, but it doesn't know how to cope with a rejection, so it just keeps them at that point, spamming proposals until there's acceptance, but dinging the debuff for every failed attempt.  Run-on sentence.

Either the debuff needs to not stack, or there needs to be a reduction in "relationship level" on rejection so they go back to being "just lovers, not thinking about marriage right now", at least for a while.

Rejection does suck and is very depressing ... but it shouldn't be more traumatic than watching your three best friends torn to pieces by killer robots while they scream for you to help them, help them ... but you can't help them ...

Shurp

Is there a bug here?

<defName>RebuffedMyRomanceAttemptMood</defName>
<stackLimit>5</stackLimit>
<baseMoodEffect>-5</baseMoodEffect>

If I'm reading this right, this shouldn't stack higher than -25.  (Which admittedly is pretty high).  There's also a stack reduction factor.  If you're up to -49 something is seriously wrong.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Goo Poni

Naw, that's just Tynan secretly introducing emotional volatility so colonists' moods are even more of a rollercoaster than they already are. Sadly, he's only got it working for relationships.

b0rsuk

cultist

Removing the stacking is probably a good first step towards making this debuff more "fun". -25 is harsh, but it can be dealt with. -49 is ridiculous. There's no non-RnG way to deal with that much negative mood apart from force-feeding beer. Which I consider more of an exploit than a strategy.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: cultist on July 28, 2016, 09:40:25 AM
There's no non-RnG way to deal with that much negative mood apart from force-feeding beer. Which I consider more of an exploit than a strategy.

And going berserk afterward .. that sounds like Real Life :)