Started by 3dgrunge, July 22, 2016, 06:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3dgrunge

Content Mods

Comp.

Title and Link to Download

Ver.

A14

Adds 13 melee weapons, and 9 ranged weapons.  All of these items are lower tech and or tribal.  Includes a net that stops enemies and also two poisonous weapons that can be very deadly.

A14

Currently only adds one tribal styled helmet.  More coming soon!

A14

Currently only adds three shields.  More coming soon!  - The current solution for these shields is not ideal and will be updated shortly.

A14

Adds a melee and ranged taser for electroshock fun.  These less than lethal devices can be deadly and cause injury if they are abused or used too frequently.

Updates

7-27: Added 3 blowguns to the weapon pack 1.  Updated the mod page display.  Temporarily removed the boosterpack.
7-24: Uploaded the electroshock taser mod.

123nick

your shields can take advantage of skullywags medieval shields mod:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14135.0

your shields can work like his, i think.

3dgrunge

Quote from: 123nick on July 22, 2016, 09:17:01 PM

I have thought about it.  As much as I love that mod, I am not sold on the method used for those shields and instead may end up making my own variation.

3dgrunge

Added my electroshock weapons to the top post.  Currently the pack only contains two weapons however it will be expanded as always.   The electroshock weaponry will knock out most targets however you must exercise restraint as abuse or prolonged usage can cause death and or serious injury.

123nick

Quote from: 3dgrunge on July 23, 2016, 05:46:15 PM
Quote from: 123nick on July 22, 2016, 09:17:01 PM

I have thought about it.  As much as I love that mod, I am not sold on the method used for those shields and instead may end up making my own variation.

ok, ill wait for that. i like this mod, i just dont like shields occupying a clothing layer  :-\

skullywag

As ive stated to 3dgrunge in PM, im not against anyone learning from my code, but as I have major plans for my shields mod, this seems like the shield pack here would be a direct copy pretty much, as i plan on adding shields of all techs/styles as I go. So I would prefer submission of art to my mod over taking my dll and branching off. At the end of the day the code is nothing special its based on the personal shield from core, if you can write c# you could make your own no problem. If people have a major issue with this im open to discussion, this is the first time ive even contemplated saying no to anyone for anything like this, but simply put if another mod came out with a tonne of shields using code id written id drop the mod instantly, what would be the point in me continuing that mod, and its a mod I enjoy working on.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

123nick

Quote from: skullywag on July 25, 2016, 11:28:28 AM
As ive stated to 3dgrunge in PM, im not against anyone learning from my code, but as I have major plans for my shields mod, this seems like the shield pack here would be a direct copy pretty much, as i plan on adding shields of all techs/styles as I go. So I would prefer submission of art to my mod over taking my dll and branching off. At the end of the day the code is nothing special its based on the personal shield from core, if you can write c# you could make your own no problem. If people have a major issue with this im open to discussion, this is the first time ive even contemplated saying no to anyone for anything like this, but simply put if another mod came out with a tonne of shields using code id written id drop the mod instantly, what would be the point in me continuing that mod, and its a mod I enjoy working on.

ok, so you plan on expanding the shield mod? maybe 3dgrudge can make his shields an option, and instead just have the weapons in his pack, with shields available as an addon download.

3dgrunge

All of them are available separately, as well as the booster pack which includes one full theme of weapons,armor,shields.
No problems though I will simply have to return to the original plan of writing something myself to fit my needs rather than modify the existing wheel.

skullywag

But that would mean you would need my shields ingame if you want to use his. That may not be what is wanted here.

As stated the method I have used is based on a core method so doing it the same way is not blocked at all by me. The issue I have is simply if someone else adds a load of shields that I was planning on adding to my mod its gonna put me off working on my mod....I suppose the art would be different (and is by the looks of things) so maybe thats enough. However simply from a "sharing the dll" point of view im not sure this would be entirely feasible, im gonna be going into rapid development with it soon, would this mod have to update with me or would it be stuck on an old version...it could work I suppose...ughhh I dont know, damn you appealing to my better nature....

skullywag

Thought about it some more. Im being a douche. Feel free to do whatever you want with my mod. Id be going against the very values ive been promoting here all this time if i said no.

3dgrunge

I fully understand your stance, skullywag.  I truly appreciate the work you have done.

123nick

Quote from: 3dgrunge on July 25, 2016, 11:36:31 AM
All of them are available separately, as well as the booster pack which includes one full theme of weapons,armor,shields.
No problems though I will simply have to return to the original plan of writing something myself to fit my needs rather than modify the existing wheel.

oh cool :) maybe i didnt notice.

3dgrunge

Added 3 more weapons to the weapon pack.  Blow guns.  2 of them use poison tipped darts.
Will be working on the shields for the next update.

Sarelth

I love that helmet design, is it possible for a tribal pawn to start with it, I did a bunch of rerolls and could not get it to appear at all.

I'd love to see some different helmets, though with similar designs.

3dgrunge

I don't know if you can start with it but I know tribal raiders can.  I will be doing an entire set of tribal and low tech armor soon.  Right after the shields.