"Added simple ruins generation"

Started by Ozog, February 27, 2014, 02:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lewisd

Bear traps? Caltrops? Pressure plates with arrows that shoot from the walls?
I have this sudden image of a Sir, You Are Being Hunted On Rimworld crossover, where the ruin is populated by tweedpunk robots.

palandus

People in Longsleep Caskets eh? Like Khan?

TimMartland

KHAAAAN!

I cant wait to go delving into mysterious darkened ruins. I will create an exploration team from my less capitulant colonists and send them on a 'Magical Adventure'
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

Armorat

Quote from: Bodog999 on February 28, 2014, 04:39:21 PM
(the no-cliff I really want I Always go in them and set my base up in there. I need action like in a open world with here and ther some rocks little mountains and ore piles).

I know it's not really related to the topic at hand, but I second the request for a cliffless map. It's so hard not to gravitate towards the cliff when it's there.

Tynan

Cliffless map - This already happens randomly in A3.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Thracian

God Bless Rossiskaya Federatia! Screw Ukraine, their fascist pigs

User was warned for this post.

Ender

good, i can already see my crack-team of poor sobs.. errr i mean colonists walking into ruins only to be attacked from three sides from crazed half unfrozen former deep sleep people... ahhh... let the stories flow forth.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Coenmcj

Quote from: TimMartland on March 03, 2014, 01:46:35 PM
KHAAAAN!

I cant wait to go delving into mysterious darkened ruins. I will create an exploration team from my less capitulant colonists wearing RED SHIRTS and send them on a 'Magical Adventure'
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Darker

Quote from: TynanDeadly ancient mechanoids.

Robots! I knew it! :D :D
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

Nasikabatrachus

Quote from: Tynan on February 28, 2014, 01:41:49 PM
I want to make extremely complex ruins with layers of generated structures for you to tunnel through, getting harder and more dangerous as you go deeper. This could become the main focus of the game.

In Alpha 4+.

It occurs to me that this idea could provide for interesting endgame or post-endgame scenarios. That is, instead of controlling survivors building a colony, the player controls the rescue party that arrives years later. Or one "victory" condition could be creating a base that can power, maintain, and defend itself autonomously while the survivors all hibernate in longsleep caskets, and the post-game would be cracking the base with a rescue party and dealing with procedurally generated "AI gone wrong"-style threats.