[RW-1.0.2059] Medieval Times (v. 1.974.B-19 (Updated-10/22/2018))

Started by Vindar, July 27, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justas love

I was playing with this, pretty much I only got raided only once before the medieval faction raided and i lost, because there was WAY WAY WAY more ppl then i extected like 9-13 ppl. Pretty much all im saying is that there are way too many ppl per raid

Vindar

Quote from: OmG_PotatoeZ on July 30, 2016, 09:55:04 AM
Quote from: 123nick on July 28, 2016, 09:48:59 AM
Quote from: OmG_PotatoeZ on July 28, 2016, 08:21:04 AM
Can there be a non steam/nexus link? Mega or dropbox maybe?

i can get not wanting a steam link- some people dont have the steam version, but nexus is just a normal download, right? you dont need any mod manager too get nexus files downloaded and too isntall them manually.

When I try to download it off Nexus it says I need an account because it's over 2 MB, so I made an account but I still got that same message.

Did you log in after you created the account? :P

@ others

Ill take a look at how many enemies spawn. i know i wanted a lot of them to help make up for the added defense items like embrasures & barricades which can be used to create super death kill zone boxes.

also  1.006.014 is up, added a new item "Stone Hearth", so now your peasants can drink stews and be comfy in their hovels.

-------- Update -------  checked values, wanted to say "get gud", but decided to cave. 1.007.014 is up & has nerfed spawn rates on medieval factions. should still out-horde tribals though(if only slightly now)

Sarelth

Perhaps you could make a hardcore mode version with higher spawn rates for those people that like death.

Vindar

Quote from: Sarelth on July 31, 2016, 02:26:04 AM
Perhaps you could make a hardcore mode version with higher spawn rates for those people that like death.

Yeah, but as it stands in 1.007.014 would still probably be considered a "hardcore" mode.

- On why no second mod -
I would make another "harder"core version, but maintaining two mods would require more time and mean that i'd have less time to update this one. Once this one is "done" first re-iteration will probably be the Overhaul, after which id consider a "harder"core version.

- On why the current nerf -
when i thought about it, every let's player id seen who would have played my mod would have been slaughtered fairly quickly.

when i play i generally go defense #1, and I'm also a bit of an evil genius who spends alot of time playing strategy games. & not just things like europa universalis or civ, i also play things like chess & go.

so my standard of difficulty really isn't a fair standard for the mod.

leaving it at how i preferred it was probably in poor taste & the "nerfed" version should still challenge as the medieval guys are still a OP version of tribals which come in greater numbers. 

Vindar

Updated to 1.009.014

- Fixed "Stone Hearth" interaction cell and removed ability to rotate.
       - Added "Jerked Meats"
       - Tweaked various stats
       - Added Tabarded versions of plate & hauberk armor.
       - Changed spawn data of medieval factions so they spawn with appropriate colors.

SmartererThanYou

dreamcast3r

Quote from: Vindar on August 02, 2016, 06:39:18 PM
Updated to 1.009.014

- Added "Jerked Meats"
       - Tweaked various stats
       - Changed spawn data of medieval factions so they spawn with appropriate colors.

Thanks for the great mod! Coupled with zombie apocalypse made for some intense raid when all the dead retainers revive. Just a question though, will the mod still work properly for my current save if i update it? Or do i need to restart a new world.

StormySunrise

Quote from: dreamcast3r on August 02, 2016, 08:08:23 PM
Quote from: Vindar on August 02, 2016, 06:39:18 PM
Updated to 1.009.014

- Added "Jerked Meats"
       - Tweaked various stats

Thanks for the great mod! Coupled with zombie apocalypse made for some intense raid when all the dead retainers revive. Just a question though, will the mod still work properly for my current save if i update it? Or do i need to restart a new world.
AFAIK it should be fine, I tested it using my old save and it seems like the spawning worked fine, the colors obviously didnt change of course because those require new faction spawns,

Vindar

I'm going out of my way to make sure that you can update without having to start a new save.

If you open up the code and take a look it's pretty obvious with how messy some of it looks.

I'm saving save-busters for when alpha updates happen, it means I'm limited in how i can update, but i think overall it's better for the community that way.

If you do encounter a save update issue let me know.

dreamcast3r

IshOfTheWoods

This looks great! And much improved over my programmer art (though if there are any assets you'd like to use, feel free). And honored to have been an inspiration for this, and look forward to giving it a try when I have time for RimWorld again.

Keep up the awesome work!

Adalah217

Just a heads up to anyone using the combat realism beta update: load this mod before CR. Any vanilla weapons will revert back to CR's setting (different range on the short bows for example), and any new ranged weapons won't use ammo. This should be relatively easy to fix if anyone wants to take the time for a proper patch.

Vindar

Updated to 1.010.014
    - Balenced various weapons
    - Decrease in spawn numbers of medieval faction attackers
    - Added new item "Corpse Bonfire" to production
    - Various minor tweaks / changes

StormySunrise

Quote from: Vindar on August 03, 2016, 10:46:07 PM
Updated to 1.010.014
    - Balenced various weapons
    - Decrease in spawn numbers of medieval faction attackers
    - Added new item "Corpse Bonfire" to production
    - Various minor tweaks / changes

I cant use this without my 20 man medieval warband raids :(
Ill just use it for the zombie corpses

Vindar

Had a bug related to "Jerked Meats" found, fixed in patch 1.011.014

God the code looks bad, come on alpha update, daddy needs and excuse to save bust!~