[RW-1.0.2059] Medieval Times (v. 1.974.B-19 (Updated-10/22/2018))

Started by Vindar, July 27, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vindar

Promo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDGIk3mwxUg

-------Please (Rate Up) on Nexus or Workshop if you like this mod--------- 
Medieval Times operates as a game expansion, filling out early game / Tribal era content as Medieval era items, weapons, armour and buildings. This mod also adds 2 new types of Medieval factions to the game. In addition to Medieval content, some bonus items / additions were added for fun & to flesh out other additions made by "Medieval Times".

Now available on Steam Workshop: 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732569232

& the Nexus:
http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/124/?

Dropbox Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdgiowtcnba7wlh/Medieval%20Times%20%28v.%201.974.B19%29.zip?dl=0

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfNjNE-srAtDnygKokzqZSQ (It's a work in progress)

Feel free to use this mod in your Let's Play, if you do, feel free to post a link in the Let's Play Discussion on the workshop.
Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/discussions/732569232

-----------------------------------------

Mod is primarily updated on the steam workshop, please go there for latest version info

I will also be primarily watching the steam workshop file so it's the best place to contact me

Mod was heavily inspired by the works of; "IshOfTheWoods", "Shinzy" and various other modders.

This mod started as a personal mod combining "Ish's Medieval" and Shinzy's "Norbals", however it's current incantation does not use any of the assets or coding from either, all the coding should be using core files as a base for it's coding. if you notice anything creeped in let me know.

=====================================================
Dev Notes: ------------------------------------------------------

- How to enable a mod? - When in game at the main menu, go to the [mods] section and ensure that Medieval Times is green checked (enabled)

- Most mods, if you remove them outright after saving with the mod active, will leave your save-game "broken". Because of this, it is always recommended to do a new save when trying out mods or adjusting your mod lineup.

- In order for the factions to appear in-game you need to start a new save as the factions are created at the map-generation stage.

- Save-buster Updates are generally reserved for Alpha Updates, if one occurs a Notice will be placed beforehand.

- Help, You're save buster broke my save!
~> Legacy versions of the mod are available at the nexus, simply download and install the old version and you can still play the last alpha of this mod. Keep in mind though, legacy versions will be missing many of the cool new features and items newer versions have.

-------- Nexus Link: http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/124/? -----------

- If you want to remove embrasures from the mod, you can do so via the: New Game ~> Scenario Editor ~> Add Part ~> Disallow Building. Simply select embrasures. (Note: The embrasures in this mod are not your typical embrasures as they can eventually be scaled, meaning enemies will fire at you from the other side)

- Medieval Times does not remove any core content such as guns from the game, it merely expands upon it.

-Winter Cloaks and cloaked items meant to act as medieval style replacement for parka's, Yes they look cool, but their primarily meant as winter wear so warbands dont freeze to death while raiding your ice-castle. As such wearing Winter Cloaks in hot enviroments will always lead to heat stroke.

========================================================
-- On the Topic of Overhaul / Removing guns / factions / Creating alternative versions / Compatability Patches / Piecemealed Items -------

I'm considering an overhaul. However, you have to realize that doing that means cutting a whole swath of content from the game, if your going to do that you need to replace it with something else.

While this mod does have alot, i dont think it has enough(at least not yet) to justify a full overhaul. If i do one eventually, it will be after I've made more content for this mod, enough to justify an overhaul and it would have to be a seperate mod/download.

Maintaining two mods would require more time and mean that i'd have less time to update / finish this one. With the game in early-access their is still alot of work to be done in terms of future updates. Every update means that every mod i have out needs to be individually updated for the new alpha. (which w/ tynan can occur monthly in some cases)

so my thought process is make one mod, make it good, keep it up to date, than once the game is stable / "finished" and once my mod is stable / "finished" i can look at all the things like peicemealed items, compatability patches, extra mods, overhaul versions, ect.

this mod itself isnt finished or polished or fully balenced, It has a long way to go on getting it right and that should be done before I consider other projects.

alotta mods and projects get started great, but than never get finished, or they never make it to the end line in terms of early-access mods. I figure if i stay commited to the cause of one, the chances of making the end-line are simply better.

Once this mod is "done" first re-iteration will probably be the Overhaul, after which id consider other iterations and compatability patches.

In summary, Its a whole lotta work, maybe in the future, but definitly not right now.

======================================================
Mod Conflicts: -------------------

Mod should play nice with other mods.

If their are any big/important mods that this is incompatible with (as in non-functioning) let me know and i can prolly make a compatibility patch for em at a later date (after this mod is finished (Combat realism is noted and on the list))

==========================================================
Licensing Stuff: ---------------------------------------

Any work I do is free of charge, if anyone try's to distribute/sell you this mod at a location other than here or the nexus, it's not me and is probably a scam.

If you see anyone asking for money on my behalf or claiming to be me and asking for money/items, be it patreon or otherwise, it's not me and probably a scam.

This work should not be distributed or reproduced without my express written consent. please do not include my work in modpacks or upload to other locations without first contacting me and receiving my written consent.

Dante King

123nick

Quote from: Dante King on July 27, 2016, 11:19:13 PM
Is this a total conversion?

i dont think so, no, just adds medieval equipment, which sorta makes sense. there is tribal, so why not inbetween tribal and industrial?

Vindar

Quote from: Dante King on July 27, 2016, 11:19:13 PM
Is this a total conversion?

The Mod adds 2 medieval faction variants to the game(Village types), medieval societies and medieval warbands.

This means when you start a new game, you will have new villages on the map.

It also adds several medieval weapons & armor to the game for use by the medieval societies. as well as several buildable items(buildings/furniture)

Because the medieval societies has things like handwear & footwear, i also added tribal versions & basic versions of these types to the game.

The medieval items can be created at the Medieval Forge which can be built once the Medieval Technologies research has been compleate (Auto-compleated on reg games)

Honestly theirs a lot this mod does, really the best way to see it all is to simply download and try it.

i wouldn't call it a overhaul, but i would feel comfortable calling it an expansion pack   

OmG_PotatoeZ

Can there be a non steam/nexus link? Mega or dropbox maybe?

123nick

Quote from: OmG_PotatoeZ on July 28, 2016, 08:21:04 AM

i can get not wanting a steam link- some people dont have the steam version, but nexus is just a normal download, right? you dont need any mod manager too get nexus files downloaded and too isntall them manually.

Shinzy

Wheeyyy!

I love most of the armor textures in this one
also the tribal boots are super warm, and fury around the edges :p

Zxypher

Wow this looks really good. Definitely going to be using it. Strange though how I spent a while last night getting Ishs' medieval mods working for my personal use in A14. My timing sucks!

Thanks for this!

Vindar

Updated to 1.03.014,   
the patch is a heat temp nerf on cloaked items.

I'd prefer not to put up a dropbox, i prolly will in the future if enough people ask for it, however doing so means ill have to make a dropbox account and the chances of me keeping tabs and updating it are low. same goes for mega or modDB.

Reason why I'm trying to push the steam is i log into it all the time and as a result will see any issues that arise there, nexus not so much, but i still log into it on occasion.

also, yaaay, shinzy liked my work!~ :)

Finly

Man, great mod. One question (and request). Can you additionally look into "medieval+tribes only" scenario. Is it possible to do so?
Really want to play "brutal rimworld", chopping enemies to pieces without getting blown off the planet by pirates/mechanoids with grenades and firearms.

Vindar

Quote from: Finly on July 28, 2016, 02:32:42 PM
Man, great mod. One question (and request). Can you additionally look into "medieval+tribes only" scenario. Is it possible to do so?
Really want to play "brutal rimworld", chopping enemies to pieces without getting blown off the planet by pirates/mechanoids with grenades and firearms.

I'm fairly certain that to do a medieval+tribes only(removing all advanced tech) requires a full overhaul. (i havent taken the time to look into the scenario editor yet, but its a fair assumtion)

As far as an overhaul goes, I'll post what i said on steam:

"I'm considering it. However i get the feeling that it would become very boring very fast. you have to realize that doing that means cutting a whole swath of content from the game, if your going to do that you need to replace it with something else.

While this mod does have alot, i dont think it has enough(at least not yet) to justify a full overhaul.

If i do one eventually, it will be after ive made more content for this mod, enough to justify an overhaul and it would have to be a seperate mod/download.

In summary, Its a whole lotta work, maybe in the future, but definitly not right now. "

Vindar

Updated to (v. 1.005.014) for Alpha 14e

Also included a new item, "Street Lamp"

Fluffe

Cool mod but I kinda stopped using it after my second raid with this mod had 7 to 9 guys in if lol hope this gets fixed

OmG_PotatoeZ

Quote from: 123nick on July 28, 2016, 09:48:59 AM
Quote from: OmG_PotatoeZ on July 28, 2016, 08:21:04 AM

i can get not wanting a steam link- some people dont have the steam version, but nexus is just a normal download, right? you dont need any mod manager too get nexus files downloaded and too isntall them manually.

When I try to download it off Nexus it says I need an account because it's over 2 MB, so I made an account but I still got that same message.