[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

Diana Winters

Quote from: Aatxe360 on September 15, 2016, 03:35:04 PM
<snip>

May you provide a link in your OP to the Steam Workshop page?

I'm gonna sound like a jerk; but can you just search for it? The workshop has a search function for a reason :/
If you're going to primarily use the workshop, why are you on the forms?

Aatxe360

Quote from: Diana Winters on September 15, 2016, 11:29:48 PM
<snip>

May you provide a link in your OP to the Steam Workshop page?

I'm gonna sound like a jerk; but can you just search for it? The workshop has a search function for a reason :/
If you're going to primarily use the workshop, why are you on the forms?

I already found it, thanks. 

I only asked because you have the Steam page for the Rimsenal Hair Pack and not your own Steam link which is a weird inconsistency imho.

Is there something wrong if I only had the Steam version?  Are Steam players not allowed on these forums?

Diana Winters

Quote from: Aatxe360 on September 16, 2016, 02:18:36 AM
Quote from: Diana Winters on September 15, 2016, 11:29:48 PM
<snip>

Is there something wrong if I only had the Steam version?  Are Steam players not allowed on these forums?

If you only use the steam workshop, not the steam version of the whole game ;)

(If you only use the workshop, I don't know why you would be on the forums)

Aatxe360

You've confused me.

I started playing in A13.  Steam is easier to compile useful and current mods.  Forums are a better source of information for games than the Steam Workshop.  Why is this difficult to grasp?

Thirite

Ah good, of all the missing features in the game I'm glad someone took the initiative to add furries.

Diana Winters

Quote from: Aatxe360 on September 16, 2016, 08:58:50 PM
You've confused me.

I started playing in A13.  Steam is easier to compile useful and current mods.  Forums are a better source of information for games than the Steam Workshop.  Why is this difficult to grasp?

1. The steam description is almost exactly the same as the one here
2. I don't expect steam users to come on here; nor do I expect forum users to ask for a steam link

willpill35

Love this mod hope ccl updates soon for you not having my Orassans in a15 really sucks.  I mean who does not want to watch a Orassan going threw withdrawls tear threw all the human colonists?! 

O one thing i think you should add is some way to get more Orassan colonists.  Just recruiting them with the hospitality mod takes a lot of time and well pissing them off is not a wise thing to do.  Maby if you can swap out the human escape pod vics with Orassans some times or make a less tech heavy pirate Orassan faction.  I just think it would be nice to not have as many of those pesky weak humans around.

Diana Winters

Quote from: willpill35 on September 20, 2016, 04:06:51 AM
Love this mod hope ccl updates soon for you not having my Orassans in a15 really sucks.  I mean who does not want to watch a Orassan going threw withdrawls tear threw all the human colonists?! 

O one thing i think you should add is some way to get more Orassan colonists.  Just recruiting them with the hospitality mod takes a lot of time and well pissing them off is not a wise thing to do.  Maby if you can swap out the human escape pod vics with Orassans some times or make a less tech heavy pirate Orassan faction.  I just think it would be nice to not have as many of those pesky weak humans around.

We'll see about that

yttriumtyclief

Quote from: Diana Winters on September 16, 2016, 10:13:25 PM
2. I don't expect steam users to come on here; nor do I expect forum users to ask for a steam link
It can be very helpful to use both locations. For instance, I try not to install mods from the forums, because I prefer the auto-updating abilities that the Steam Workshop makes so easy. That doesn't mean I only get stuff from the Steam Workshop though. I eagerly prefer a forum-based community for both mod discovery and for communication. I assume the same is probably true for Aatxe.

There's no reason to be angry at them for asking politely, nor is there any reason to generalize them for what they asked for.

Plus, links to the Steam Workshop really help in validating a mod's identity - who knows if some random person on the internet uploaded it to the Workshop or if it was really the original creator, and therefor subscribing can or can't be trusted.

Thirite

Steam Workshop reserves the right to take your mod and sell it, so do not be surprised many modders refuse to use such a service.

yttriumtyclief

Quote from: Thirite on September 24, 2016, 04:30:35 PM
Steam Workshop reserves the right to take your mod and sell it, so do not be surprised many modders refuse to use such a service.

This has nothing to do with using or not using the service though - that can be debated separately. The issue here is under the assumption that you're already using the service.

Thirite

Ah, I see what you're saying. Disregard then.

Diana Winters

Quote from: yttriumtyclief on September 24, 2016, 04:00:04 PM
Quote from: Diana Winters on September 16, 2016, 10:13:25 PM
It can be very helpful to use both locations. For instance, I try not to install mods from the forums, because I prefer the auto-updating abilities that the Steam Workshop makes so easy. That doesn't mean I only get stuff from the Steam Workshop though. I eagerly prefer a forum-based community for both mod discovery and for communication. I assume the same is probably true for Aatxe.

There's no reason to be angry at them for asking politely, nor is there any reason to generalize them for what they asked for.

Plus, links to the Steam Workshop really help in validating a mod's identity - who knows if some random person on the internet uploaded it to the Workshop or if it was really the original creator, and therefor subscribing can or can't be trusted.

You incorrectly assume that I am angry. I am just pointing out that people who use the workshop don't usually use the forums. As for auto updating... that's why I try not to sue the workshop to download mods, as I don't need my game breaking every major update.

Too-DAMN-Much

FridayBiology

love and happiness, I managed to get Orassan mod working for a moment with Alpha 15b, and then another mod crashed everything :"(
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology