Tips on killing caravan traders WITHOUT making factions hostile!

Started by Naeem, July 28, 2016, 02:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michigo

What about fire?
Does it count as attack if the area they are in "just" happens to catch a lot of heat?

Ok, that would destroy most loot anyways. ^^
But would freezing them to death work ?

zandadoum

Make a layout where visitors go into an indoor room.
Lock them in by building a quick wall.

Have them die from hunger or install enough heaters with a switch to kill them from heatstroke (works marvels vs infestations too)

Skaliri

Quote from: zandadoum on August 13, 2016, 02:23:33 PM
Make a layout where visitors go into an indoor room.
Lock them in by building a quick wall.

Have them die from hunger or install enough heaters with a switch to kill them from heatstroke (works marvels vs infestations too)

Unfortunately, as far as I know (and someone else has already said) they should dig themselves out in that case... At least in A14. The heatstroke / freezing idea of them might work, although I doubt you have neough time

No, the collapsed roof + arty shells seems pretty good. "My" only methode so far in killing caravans was the game having an electrical discharge DIRECTLY on top of the caravan, killing one guy instantly and burning 2 muffalo's and one more guy  <-- it was great to see :p (although they did try to evade the flames... if you want to try to burn them, maybe make a room with only 1 exit and start the fire there?). Otherwise you should probably try to either freeze or overheat them, although I have no idea how well that works.

Quote from: Mehni on August 13, 2016, 12:26:51 PM
Manhunting animals do a good job of killing the traders, but not the gear carrying muffalo. Getting those muffalos drunk off their rocker makes 'em drop all loot, same with using a shock lance.

Now... how exactly do you make muffalo's drunk?

Havan_IronOak

In A13 I did have a Traders muffalo drop dead because it was carrying enriched uranium. I got a lot of free loot but had a colonist get pretty sick moving the uranium out of my main lobby.

I intended to try and sell it to every trader after that and see if I could poison a few more "poor wee beasties" but A14 came out and I never got around to it.

John_Bigless

Quote from: shaw357 on July 30, 2016, 02:47:40 AM
Have you tried using an insanity lance on the caravan's strongest animal/pawn? Let them kill the caravan and maybe bleed out themselves, and just pick up the scraps.
Or maybye use the psychic shock to stun the pawn with most loot and wait for him to burn in flames so you can get the loot?

Mehni

Quote from: Skaliri on August 13, 2016, 06:51:32 PM

Muffaloes get hungry after a while. They'll eat/drink whatever is availabe. Sometimes that's your crops. Sometimes that's your beer stash.

Darth Fool

ping predators with a survival rifle to turn them into man hunters, then lock yourself indoors and let the predator attack the caravan.  Works best with slower predators especially if you can recruit multiple ones.  Even more useful against raiders.

milon

Quote from: Mehni on August 16, 2016, 05:23:07 AM
Quote from: Skaliri on August 13, 2016, 06:51:32 PM

Muffaloes get hungry after a while. They'll eat/drink whatever is availabe. Sometimes that's your crops. Sometimes that's your beer stash.

Exactly.  By managing your stockpiles well and placing beer *under* the caravans when they arrive, you can encourage muffalos to blackout and drop their loot.

Quote from: Darth Fool on August 16, 2016, 10:34:29 AM
ping predators with a survival rifle to turn them into man hunters, then lock yourself indoors and let the predator attack the caravan.  Works best with slower predators especially if you can recruit multiple ones.  Even more useful against raiders.

That's really clever.  I like that.  And the psychic lance - all great ideas!

8roads

Unfortunately, manhunting animals will always be engaged with traders first, resulting in the premature death of caravan master (i mean the guy with question mark), which in turn result in muffalos leaving.

And psychic lance hurt relationship. Lance is expensive while the returns meagre.

Beer sounds great. But as far as I remember, muffalos don't get hungry soon enough.

Naeem

OMG! I never knew the beer tip! I will so do that. I killed so many traders... So many...