Does proximity to factions matter at all?

Started by stigma, July 28, 2016, 03:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stigma

Hey all,

Quick question - does proximity (on the world map) to other factions matter at all? Are you likely to recieve more visitors/raiders from friendly/hostile factions if they are physically closer to your colony?

With the hospitality mod (highly recommended by the way) I rather enjoy having plenty of visitors and traders come by to mix things up and not feel totally isolated from the rest of the world, but if the distance doesn't matter at all then at least I can stop re-rolling generated maps to find acceptable settlement locations close to tribes and outworlder towns... Hopefully someone can clarify this for me :)

-Stigma

Juan el Demgrafo

From what's been said before, no. Though I do believe that direction does affect which side of the map they come
240 hours on Steam of this 2017-7-23.

Quote from: Shurp on July 29, 2016, 06:30:22 PM
...tell her to go stand in the corner of her bedroom, and beat her when she tires of it.

I really need to finish researching beer.

stigma

Quote from: Juan el Demgrafo on July 28, 2016, 03:56:58 PM
From what's been said before, no. Though I do believe that direction does affect which side of the map they come

This fits with the few scattered pieces of information I've seen while searching. I'm not at all sure if this info is up to date, and none of it had any sources to it though. I guess I will take it as a working assumption that the info is correct. Thanks for your input.

-Stigma

milon

No, it affects nothing at this time.  Including the direction they come from.

Quote from: Tynan on July 23, 2016, 02:03:33 PM
The world map position doesn't affect raids or traders at all.

Glad you like the game though!

Mutineer

IN my personal experience when i drop my colonists next to pirate base I was getting majority raid from this faction. It is not a study, just anecdotal evidence i experience.

stigma

Quote from: milon on July 28, 2016, 04:41:26 PM
No, it affects nothing at this time.  Including the direction they come from.

Quote from: Tynan on July 23, 2016, 02:03:33 PM
The world map position doesn't affect raids or traders at all.

Glad you like the game though!

+1 for sourced information! :D
-Stigma

Juan el Demgrafo

Remember b0rsuk's claims but don't remember Tynan's response. There I go.
240 hours on Steam of this 2017-7-23.

Quote from: Shurp on July 29, 2016, 06:30:22 PM
...tell her to go stand in the corner of her bedroom, and beat her when she tires of it.

I really need to finish researching beer.