Arrest mechanics

Started by Shurp, July 28, 2016, 11:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

OK, just how am I supposed to do this?  I have a colonist whose mood has plummeted to -20 and it's just a matter of time before she breaks and goes on a rampage.  So I wanted to lock her up until I can research beer and get her good and drunk.  I tried arresting her; of course she resisted, so my other colonist beat her senseless with wooden logs.

Now she's lying on the ground incapacitated.  I want to dump her in a prisoner bed but no option comes up when I left click on her.  I just get a "rescue" option to carry her off to her bed.  I don't want to repeatedly beat her down.  How do I get her into a prisoner bed while she's still incapacitated?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Shurp

No, even while drafted my pawns lack an "arrest" option for a downed colonist.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Kagemusha12

Quote from: Shurp on July 29, 2016, 07:29:53 AM
No, even while drafted my pawns lack an "arrest" option for a downed colonist.

Do you ha<ve a free prison bed?

cultist

You can't arrest (specifically arrest) downed pawns (of any faction). The option you want is capture, but it's not possible to capture someone who is a member of your own faction. Not sure if this is intentional or an oversight.

Shurp

It occurs to me it's actually not relevant -- even if I do lock her up, I'll still have to beat her senseless again when she has her next psychotic break.  So arresting her brings no benefit anyway.  I should just draft her, tell her to go stand in the corner of her bedroom, and beat her when she tires of it.

I really need to finish researching beer.

blongo

This is where Cryosleep pods come in handy. Nighty night Forever =D

RemingtonRyder

I can just about imagine a colonist being carried to the sleep pod, all the while kicking and screaming all the way, 'I hate you all!' Then they wake up, about to resume the rage, when they see the most beautiful sight ever.

99 million bottles of beer, stuffed into the ancient ruins in crates from floor to ceiling, take one down and... oh.

ChimpX

Quote from: Shurp on July 29, 2016, 06:30:22 PM

I really need to finish researching beer.

I'm carrying out some experiments as we speak.

Cheers Shurp buddy!

b0rsuk

I think you can arrest people without resistance if you do it before their mood drops too low.

You can still wall her in with pemmican and wait for the -20 to expire.

DoomBudgie

Put a bunch of food in her room. Stick her in there and wall off the door until you're ready for her to come out.

Shurp

Yeah, walling her off with food while waiting for the beer to finish brewing seems to be the best solution.  BTW, I have beer now, so the disaster has been averted :)

Shurp

Uh oh, here we go again.  This colonist is such a pain in the ass.  Her boyfriend broke up with her so now she's walking around with a -17 mood penalty for the next 30 days.  Gah.  I tried keeping her drunk but even with 5 beers in her I wasn't getting enough mood bonus to keep her active.  And she was cleaning out my beers.

*whack whack whack*

Wooden logs to the rescue.  She's safely tucked away in bed.  I should quick dump some food and wall her in :)

[Edit]

Ida's fury is now safely contained (see below).  And I can link the cooler to my fridge in a few months.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Shurp

Update: Ida finally got over her breakup!  Hooray!

But I still have a little problem:

Catharthis                     20
Low expectations           10
Ate fine meal                  5
Ate cooked insect meat  -3
In darkness                   -3
Feeling bad                   -4
Slept in the cold            -4
Ate without table           -4
Cramped environment   -5
Awful bedroom              -5
Pessimist                       -6
Cabin fever (serious)     -15
Hideous environment    -15
Totally joy-deprived      -20

Total:                           -49

This is what happens when you leave your colonist in solitary confinement for two seasons in a hole in the wall... I guess I'll have to wait for her to go berserk again, then try to rehabilitate her after.  Another beating will probably be required too.

Boston

"The beatings will continue until morale improves!" has never been more applicable.

Taint

People like this I like to give clubs to attack raiders. Maybe after all the berserk rages they've had they'll beat them bad guys. Usually they end up dead though. Shame...
Do Mechanoids dream of cybernetic sheep?