United states elections(part one); what are you gonna do?

Started by billycop32, July 28, 2016, 03:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has your vote?(last updated 5:30 PM 28/16

I'm not voting(includes those who cannot vote for whatever reason)
Trump (republican)
Hillary (democrats)
Jill Stein (Green)
Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
Other(please post below if you take this one and tell us what it is!)

LouisTBR

Well, I can't vote since I'm a Brit. But if I had to choose... I'd Emigrate to Australia.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

RickyMartini

I wish the american people luck, regardless of who wins.

Me personally, I'm glad that I don't live there and have to vote. Both primary candidates are shitty and I'd probably be inclined to vote independent as a protest.

All I know is that whoever it is, Trump would never be a candidate I'd vote for.

Listen1

Yeah... That US elections feel like Brazil. Everyone is a crook.

I would probably go for Trump, besides the radical vision, this projects may be stopped by other parties. And a country is a gigantic company, Trump know how to run one.

branch?

how lit was it

Juan el Demgrafo

Ok, you're Canadian so I'm going to assume you're not making a joke about Supreme Leader Trump and will go ahead and correct you: President of United States can only have two, four year terms.
240 hours on Steam of this 2017-7-23.

Quote from: Shurp on July 29, 2016, 06:30:22 PM
...tell her to go stand in the corner of her bedroom, and beat her when she tires of it.

I really need to finish researching beer.

branch?

Quote from: Juan el Demgrafo on August 02, 2016, 11:52:15 PM
Ok, you're Canadian so I'm going to assume you're not making a joke about Supreme Leader Trump and will go ahead and correct you: President of United States can only have two, four year terms.

Where did I imply it was Donald Sr. running in 2024? :P
how lit was it

milon

This is (nearly) the first time in my life that I'm going to post hastags, but here goes:

#NeverHillary #NeverTrump

... Maybe I should move back to Canada?

Listen1

Hey, even I that live in South America am thinking of moving into Canada. Vancuver just looks AMAZING.

As for the Elections, Obama said that he wanted the opposing side to take Trump out. I didn't know that this was allowed.

Juan el Demgrafo

Last time it was father-son we spaced it out with another guy, but if he wants, he can.

...tell her to go stand in the corner of her bedroom, and beat her when she tires of it.

MisterVertigo

Here is my take:

Trump is a Republican. Most American's who consider themselves Republican are going to vote for Trump. They would rather have a lobotomy than vote for ANY Democrat. On the other side, I'm afraid there are a lot of Democrats who don't like Hillary (the Bernie Sanders fans). If they don't like Hillary they CERTAINLY don't like Trump. So instead, they vote for someone else because, well, Trump and Hillary both suck.

So, my fear is that the vote will be split on the Democrat side, and no one will get enough votes to beat Trump. Hillary is the only one who CAN beat Trump, so we HAVE to vote for her if we don't want Trump to win.

It's awful that I have to vote for someone I don't like just because I dislike the other one more and It's more important to me that they LOSE than my candidate actually win.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Juan el Demgrafo

I forgot exactly what was said but it comes down to this: If you live in a swing state where your vote actually matters, then you should take one for the team and vote Hillary. If you live in another state, then you should vote for a third party and try to get attention away from the two bigs.

billycop32

Quote from: MisterVertigo on August 03, 2016, 05:36:28 PM
Here is my take:

Trump is a Republican. Most American's who consider themselves Republican are going to vote for Trump. They would rather have a lobotomy than vote for ANY Democrat. On the other side, I'm afraid there are a lot of Democrats who don't like Hillary (the Bernie Sanders fans). If they don't like Hillary they CERTAINLY don't like Trump. So instead, they vote for someone else because, well, Trump and Hillary both suck.

So, my fear is that the vote will be split on the Democrat side, and no one will get enough votes to beat Trump. Hillary is the only one who CAN beat Trump, so we HAVE to vote for her if we don't want Trump to win.

It's awful that I have to vote for someone I don't like just because I dislike the other one more and It's more important to me that they LOSE than my candidate actually win.
So you would rather see her in office? what makes her a better candidate than him?

wbonxx

The only thing I know is that the whole Europe is laughing a lot.
In the US you are already not leaving in a real democracy, you vote for puppets that are not real leaders and have no real power.

On the top of this.... you may even have Trump as president.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

In the poll I voted for Trump..... just because on this side we want to laugh a lot :D :D

milon

Quote from: Juan el Demgrafo on August 03, 2016, 06:34:15 PM
I forgot exactly what was said but it comes down to this: If you live in a swing state where your vote actually matters, then you should take one for the team and vote Hillary. If you live in another state, then you should vote for a third party and try to get attention away from the two bigs.

A political handling of politics.  I kind of like that.

Quote from: wbonxx on August 03, 2016, 07:37:10 PM
The only thing I know is that the whole Europe is laughing a lot.
In the US you are already not leaving in a real democracy, you vote for puppets that are not real leaders and have no real power.

Europe is laughing after Brexit?  I certainly hope not.  And the USA isn't a democracy and never was - it's a democratic republic (hence the name of the two major political parties).  And our "puppets" are far more powerful than your "puppets", so I'm really not sure what you're getting at...