Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Architect

Quote from: Nagahide on May 07, 2014, 01:11:46 PM
Merci pour le Mod, super travail !

Merci Beaucoup :D (GCSE French FTW)

Quote from: iame6162013 on May 07, 2014, 03:16:13 PM
Quote from: 123nick on May 07, 2014, 03:11:23 PM
do you think you can make a industrialrim compatible version?
read the middle

Yeah, I would love to work on some compatibility stuff, but I have exams, my mod is constantly changing at the moment in core ways, his mod is constantly changing in core ways; it's just not possible to do at the moment I'm afraid :/ However, that does not mean it will never happen, just probably not before alpha 4 or even 5.

Quote from: Vas on May 08, 2014, 03:15:28 AM
Quote from: mrofa on May 03, 2014, 10:47:29 PM
Haha yehh as much as it looks wierd i dont use much mods, think that armory was the biggest on i instaled at all.
I would appriciate if you would do that vido :)

Sorry, been busy lately, and been playing a different game a lot more, even hosting a server on it xP  So haven't had much time for Rimworld lately.  I always thought the mod was pretty self explanatory and all, but I guess not.  I can try to make a wiki of it soon enough, when not so busy.

There's already a wikia XD I just need to update it, which I will be doing very soon, so no need to worry about that :P Though, I could do with a mod showcase if you get the time? Show off the features and then maybe do a play through or something?
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

iame6162013

i read some outdated stuff... hehehehe (message above, if u don't know don't ask) :P
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

WolfgangPolska

CHarged wire won't burn anyone for some reason (there is  power on) :C Bug, or too many mods glitch?
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

PunisheR007

I love this mod Architect, but there is one thing in it that i do not like lol, and thats the event where the crashed piece of junk starts to erupt and lightning strikes randomly everywhere. What iv'e noticed is the lightning can strike thru roofs and rock, would it be possible to make it so the lightning cannot strike through roofs or rock?.

Cheers!

Architect

Quote from: PunisheR007 on May 12, 2014, 11:33:08 AM
I love this mod Architect, but there is one thing in it that i do not like lol, and thats the event where the crashed piece of junk starts to erupt and lightning strikes randomly everywhere. What iv'e noticed is the lightning can strike thru roofs and rock, would it be possible to make it so the lightning cannot strike through roofs or rock?.

Cheers!

Already fixed for the update I'm working on currently :) Unfortunately all my exams are now, so development for the mod has slowed down to basically a feature a week, but I'll be posting here when any major changes come along.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Dr. Z

I have a question about coal burning: Is coal a resource? How do I get it? I never saw coal in the game before.
Prasie the Squirrel!

PunisheR007

Quote from: Architect on May 12, 2014, 11:36:08 AM
Already fixed for the update I'm working on currently :) Unfortunately all my exams are now, so development for the mod has slowed down to basically a feature a week, but I'll be posting here when any major changes come along.

Nice Architect, i look forward to the next release.

Architect

Quote from: Dr. Z on May 12, 2014, 03:50:52 PM
I have a question about coal burning: Is coal a resource? How do I get it? I never saw coal in the game before.

Coal is added by BP+ :) You need to mine it or purchase it from passing traders.

Dr. Z

Quote from: Architect on May 13, 2014, 06:00:02 AM

Coal is added by BP+ :) You need to mine it or purchase it from passing traders.

Ok, how do I recognize stone blocks which can be mined for coal? Are they coloured like the ones for metal?
Prasie the Squirrel!

a89a89

Quote from: Dr. Z on May 13, 2014, 07:18:03 AM

Ok, how do I recognize stone blocks which can be mined for coal? Are they coloured like the ones for metal?
you need to out a coal miner (research drilling) on a steam giser and wait for coal to pop out

Crimsonknight3

On the topic of compatibility is it possible to strip betterpower down to just its story events like the random artifact crash etc until industrial mod compatibility is possible?

Architect

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 13, 2014, 11:25:10 AM
On the topic of compatibility is it possible to strip betterpower down to just its story events like the random artifact crash etc until industrial mod compatibility is possible?

Sure, just delete everything out of the thingDef folder you want removed, and leave what you like :P

Dr. Z

Quote from: a89a89 on May 13, 2014, 07:20:15 AM
Quote from: Dr. Z on May 13, 2014, 07:18:03 AM

you need to out a coal miner (research drilling) on a steam giser and wait for coal to pop out

Yay, it works! Also noticed that the coal doesen't pop up on a tile next to the miner, but due to my feeders are just 2 tiles away from the miner the coal directly pops out in the feeders sparing my colonists the unnecessary hualing work. That's a neat feature.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: Architect on May 13, 2014, 12:58:27 PM
Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 13, 2014, 11:25:10 AM

Sure, just delete everything out of the thingDef folder you want removed, and leave what you like :P

Thanks, I had that idea but I was worried it would just break. The little programming I know is mostly java but most things always depend on some other file lol

Crimsonknight3

So in Misc.xml in the Thingdefs folder I just delete everything apart from -<ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase">

<defName>EnginePart</defName>

<eType>BuildingComplex</eType>

<label>Unidentified object</label>

and its ending /Thingdef?

and everything apart from misc.xml in that folder?

Then all folders apart from incident defs?

Okay after reading through misc.xml again I realised that the unidentified object ISNT the object that crashes and creates the plasma storm so is that item that crashes defined in your .dll? Does that mean I just need to delete everything inside the defs folder apart from incidentdefs?