Issue with Solar Power Output Rate

Started by AzureHarbie, March 01, 2014, 10:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzureHarbie

So I'm playing with solar generators and I noticed that adjusting the following doesn't do anything for solar generator upgrade buildings I was working on....

<comps>
<li>
<compClass>CompPowerTrader</compClass>
<basePowerConsumption>-1000</basePowerConsumption>
</li>
</comps>

Anyone else play with this or notice this? The base solar generator has a rate of -10 yet the Mark 2 I made doesn't change.

Entityofsin

I am just guessing but I think it's because it's referencing to the original one when it's placed in the game.

Architect

Yeah, I've found this issue, the output is locked at 1700, no matter what that number is changed to. If you want to change the output, you need to change the etype, but that also changes the behavior so... :/ One of the mods in my signature adds a load new way of making power if you want to check it out?
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

AzureHarbie

I actually already took a look at your wind power mod, Architect.

Since you passed your wind generators off the geo-plant, it seems to adjust fine (I can modify it to -1500, and it puts out 1500w). On the other hand, you change the solar generator's, it has no effect. I think I might temporary try to use the geo-plant class and then see how it acts if I add the tag to require light....

AzureHarbie

So I did run the little experiment and sure enough, changing to geo class works fine but it ignores the light required (I assume the class ignores the tag).

Just wanted to test myself btw Architect. :P

So, can't quite adjust solar generators correctly for now it seems. I'll work on making other things for now.

Architect

If I figure out a way to get round the issue, I'll post it here, but I'm really not sure there is a way until the proper definition defining comes out with alpha 3.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

ghosttr

Quote from: Architect on March 01, 2014, 05:56:01 PM
If I figure out a way to get round the issue, I'll post it here, but I'm really not sure there is a way until the proper definition defining comes out with alpha 3.

The problem comes from the solar panel values being hardcoded.(And using poweroutput, instead of power trader) while it would be a relatively simple task with custom code its currently not possible via xml modding.

Also the indicator position is hardcoded as well, so you would need to change that too.