[A17] Miniaturisation Overloaded

Started by notfood, August 03, 2016, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thundercraft

I've been too busy to actually try out the unstable A16. (I will, very soon, though.) But there's one question that's been itching me in the back of my mind:

Can we use Miniaturisation to shrink small buildings (say, turrets) in order to bring them with us in our sieges on enemy territory? We can use it to relocate buildings and such from point A to point B. But without being able to convert them into an item that can be hauled, is taking them along even possible?

notfood

Yes you can. I just tested it. You can bring turrets/beds and a lot of miniaturised things.

For some reason miniaturised tables don't show up, there is also a bug that isn't of miniaturisation, all miniaturised tables get an error in the log. I'll report it.

There is this bug for minified benches: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28036.0 Don't report it.
(fixed by Tynan in 1388)

You can bring benches now after 1388. Pretty much anything. Pack and move!

notfood

I wrote some documentation for MFO, what do you think?

https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-MFO/wiki

Everything seems to be good and ready for release.

notfood

Mod Friendly Overrides
you dug too deep

Download ModFriendlyOverrides BETA 11 A16

Example OverrideDef.xml
Source
Documentation

- Matcher fix for certain cases where subclass type wasn't being tested.
- Added Class Filter.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Der Failer

While figuring out some incompatibilities in my current setup, I've found some buildings not to be shrinkable*. So I've put the files for (Deep) Core Driller and CR together and also updated Core (Refinery) and Vegetable Garden (two Tables and some fermenting barrels).

Also small bug report:
When requiredMod is left empty the target won't get its MiniaturisationDef, this is no to surprising. But i kind of expected a warning, to show the player/modder that something is wrong.

*That's not a word, right? IDK, but I'm sure minifiable isn't either so I'm kind of lost .... -.-'

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

notfood

Thank you. I added them to git and steam. Packed a new one.

New Release: 0.16.1.1

If it has a name, you can shrink it.

### Newest additions:
- Hardcore SK production tables.
- Combat Realism
- Core Driller

### Updates
- Core
- Vegetable Garden

Miniaturisation 0.16.1.1

asquirrel

Wishmaster

Could it be possible to add a custom, item-specific or mod-specific assembly to a miniaturisation def ?
This way maybe we could create fix for wind turbines, solar panels or dispensers that gets buggy when moved.

asquirrel

Today I was trying to pack up the fueled generator and it I can't do it.  Is there a way to miniturize it? I think it's part of the core program so I was surprised that I could not do it.  Does that happen for other people as well (that you can't uninstall it and reinstall it elsewhere?).   This is what not I'm not able to uninstall and reinstall elsewhere.  All I can do is uninstall it:

http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Fueled_generator

notfood

It's right there in CoreExtra.xml

Perhaps some other mod is overriding it, try loading Miniaturisation last.

asquirrel

Quote from: notfood on January 05, 2017, 04:48:18 PM
It's right there in CoreExtra.xml

Perhaps some other mod is overriding it, try loading Miniaturisation last.

Thanks for that info with the .xml file.  I didn't know where to start.  Is the generator able to be uninstalled by default?  I'm running two miniturization mods so maybe that's the problem. I'll move both of them to the bottom of the list and switch orders to see if it helps! :)

Edit - just put your mod at the end of the list and now I'm able to move my wood powered generator.  Thanks dude!! :)

notfood

The generator can't be uninstalled in vanilla, maybe some other mod copied it over again after Miniaturisation changed it.

123nick

how does it work if you are subscribed to this mod on workshop, but also have a mod compatible, with a miniaturisation def for it, but its installed manually in the mod folder in rimworld? will it also get affected? it does not seem so, i tested with RTGs, as it got updated to A16 by someone.

notfood

Should be automatic unless the mod name changed in About.xml