[A17] Miniaturisation Overloaded

Started by notfood, August 03, 2016, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowstitch

Something's not right with miniaturized wind turbines.
If you tell it to reinstall the turbine somewhere else, the blueprint just floats there at the target location. No pawn will interact with it, and there's no right-click force priority for it. 
If you uninstall it, and try to reinstall it somewhere else within range of the original wind turbine's AOE, it appears to work, but will not generate any energy, claiming "Blocked by Wind Turbine" even when there is no turbine anywhere around. If you place the turbine back in its original position, it functions properly again.
I don't have any other mods that affect power or power generation at present.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: shadowstitch on September 05, 2017, 09:05:38 PM
Something's not right with miniaturized wind turbines.
If you tell it to reinstall the turbine somewhere else, the blueprint just floats there at the target location. No pawn will interact with it, and there's no right-click force priority for it. 
If you uninstall it, and try to reinstall it somewhere else within range of the original wind turbine's AOE, it appears to work, but will not generate any energy, claiming "Blocked by Wind Turbine" even when there is no turbine anywhere around. If you place the turbine back in its original position, it functions properly again.
I don't have any other mods that affect power or power generation at present.

Think that's been an issue for a while, IIRC if you just uninstall it, then install it, you should be fine. It's the reinstall by itself that is the issue. Think coolers do something like that as well.

Valak

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on September 05, 2017, 10:32:21 PM
Something's not right with miniaturized wind turbines.......

Think that's been an issue for a while, IIRC if you just uninstall it, then install it, you should be fine. It's the reinstall by itself that is the issue. Think coolers do something like that as well.

Just wanted to say this doesn't seem to fully resolve the issue. If I move it into a spot where it would partially occupy it's old space, it will get installed but will never work stating it's "Blocked by Wind Turbine" despite there being no other turbines on the map. I had to use Dev mode and Clear All in the area where the original turbine was installed. Once that was complete, I could install the turbine there and it would work just fine.

It's like when you uninstall a turbine, there will always be a ghost turbine in that spot or something behaving that way.

sirgzu

The wind turbine thing is a known problem. The game doesn't expect these to move so it only checks turbine positions when loading the game. Reloading your save will fix this.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Valak on October 11, 2017, 09:49:26 PM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on September 05, 2017, 10:32:21 PM
Something's not right with miniaturized wind turbines.......

Just wanted to say this doesn't seem to fully resolve the issue. If I move it into a spot where it would partially occupy it's old space, it will get installed but will never work stating it's "Blocked by Wind Turbine" despite there being no other turbines on the map. I had to use Dev mode and Clear All in the area where the original turbine was installed. Once that was complete, I could install the turbine there and it would work just fine.

It's like when you uninstall a turbine, there will always be a ghost turbine in that spot or something behaving that way.

Yeah, think I was guilty of not completely reading through the post I responded to.

tase

If anyone wants to get this working with EPOE 2.0
Assuming a Steam install,
Go to: Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\751295960\Defs\MiniaturisationDefs
Open EPOE.xml
Change the line
<requiredMod>Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering</requiredMod>
to
<requiredMod>Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.0</requiredMod>

worked for the Bionics Workshop
ez

kamuii

Anyone test this out to see if it works on A18? If not any chance we could get a version for A18?

Edit: Tested it and nope doesn't work in A18.

frenchiveruti

You realize how much you need this mod the moment there's a workshop to be completely removed from a terrible location.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: frenchiveruti on November 23, 2017, 03:41:39 PM
You realize how much you need this mod the moment there's a workshop to be completely removed from a terrible location.

I'm using "Minify Everything" from Steam while waiting for this to update.

TryB4Buy

Quote from: kamuii on November 07, 2017, 03:12:35 AM
Anyone test this out to see if it works on A18? If not any chance we could get a version for A18?

Edit: Tested it and nope doesn't work in A18.
:(

SpaceDorf

I had quite the problems with minify everything now.

Multiple Instances when I could not place a blueprint of a building, floor, wall or conduit or a wrong blueprint was placed.

Sometimes I could circumvent this by using different stuffs for the blueprint.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: SpaceDorf on December 19, 2017, 11:42:23 AM
I had quite the problems with minify everything now.

Multiple Instances when I could not place a blueprint of a building, floor, wall or conduit or a wrong blueprint was placed.

Sometimes I could circumvent this by using different stuffs for the blueprint.

I've seen the same thing, never occurred to me it was minify everything, happened while I was placing 'copies' of nightstands and I kept getting beds.

Would really love this mod to get updated. Suppose I should try the other "Minaturisation" mod as well, see if that has any issues.

BTAxis

Minify Everything likes to place furniture that you've got uninstalled in a stockpile when you're trying to build things. It's a little better if you use the master branch instead of the latest release though.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: BTAxis on December 19, 2017, 12:20:30 PM
Minify Everything likes to place furniture that you've got uninstalled in a stockpile when you're trying to build things. It's a little better if you use the master branch instead of the latest release though.

I have no problem with that. If you have a stockpile setup to hold those things, they should haul them to the stockpile.

BTAxis

No, I mean, you'd try to put down a door, and it'd install a bed instead because there's one in a stockpile somewhere. You wouldn't get what you wanted.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"