This is getting ridiculous, game is not a challenge .. and then ..

Started by Auriodk, August 04, 2016, 01:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auriodk

So, there is this toxic fallout that has lasted me for 5 cigarettes and 3 cups of coffee, somebody started a fight and that ended in a death. I have been staring at my monitor for over 30 minutes without being able to do anything because it will apparently not end, the toxic fallout that is. I am playing on easy mode with that second storyteller and the game changes to a scenario where there is actually no challenge, I made the necessary restrictions and everybody was happy .... until the fight broke out and someone died.

Now there is a toxic fallout, everybody is unhappy and still restricted to their area ... heading for the 6th cigarette and on cup of coffee more while staring at nothing.

Listen1

Sometimes the secound storyteller (Cassandra) does that. Then she sents a manhunter pack of 37 elephants that ram your doors, invade your base, and kill 3 of your colonists.

If I were you, I'd change to the third storyteller (Randy).

Btw, nice time recording on cigarettes. Sometimes I miss that. I've been without smoking for 8 months more or less.

Auriodk

Quote from: Flying Rockbass on August 04, 2016, 01:21:11 PM
Sometimes the secound storyteller (Cassandra) does that. Then she sents a manhunter pack of 37 elephants that ram your doors, invade your base, and kill 3 of your colonists.

If I were you, I'd change to the third storyteller (Randy).

Btw, nice time recording on cigarettes. Sometimes I miss that. I've been without smoking for 8 months more or less.

Its not Cassandra ... its Phoebe I am using (I believe she is  the second). Actually nothing has happened in my game, only a toxic fallout that wont end and then my people killing each other. I mean, its not like they have the intelligence to understand that surviving is of essence.

bluntobj

Well, challenges can be accepted.

Remember, being eaten by 37 mad manhunter Rhinos during a Solar Eclipse is !!FUN!!

mumblemumble

Because of the nature of the game, RNG can screw you VERY hard VERY fast. I lost an entire colony from the start 5 minutes in because a series of events : Insult over someones looks by someone whos abrasive. Fight from the insults. Death from multiple head blows in said fight. Death causes animal berserk. Animal berserk kills 2 remaining people.

So yes, bad, awful, Murphys law shit WILL happen now and then.

Oh also rock, you are a stronger person without cigarettes, know this bud. :)
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

MeowRailroad

By the way what does RNG mean? I hear it a lot on this forum. Does it mean Random Number Generator?
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

cultist

Toxic fallout doesn't kill instantly, it takes a while to build up and degrades when pawns spend time inside. You can still send pawns outside, just don't let them wander around outside all day or the toxin will build up, and they get brain damage or die.

Quote from: MeowRailroad on August 05, 2016, 08:04:55 AM
By the way what does RNG mean? I hear it a lot on this forum. Does it mean Random Number Generator?
Basically yes. RnG is used as shorthand for anything that is randomly generated/decided by a game.

Serenity

Quote from: Canute on August 05, 2016, 09:14:41 AM
But when all of your workbenches are outside, you should build a roof about these areas to get protected from the fallout.
Is a roof enough or does the area literally have to be indoors?

milon