[MOD] (Alpha 2) Toughrock: Concrete Economy (Release 2)

Started by Nasikabatrachus, March 03, 2014, 03:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nasikabatrachus

I just downloaded it successfully. I don't have any insight into how the forum works so I have no idea why you couldn't.

xiuhte1

when i click download it says// An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to access this section, but this only happens here, i already downloaded another mods:c

letharion

Quote from: xiuhte1 on March 17, 2014, 04:22:03 AM
when i click download it says// An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to access this section, but this only happens here, i already downloaded another mods:c

I don't know what the issue is about, but it happens to me on several mods when you click the large pretty "download" button, arrow-pointing-down-thing. If you scroll past it though to the end of the initial post, and click directly on the filename as uploaded, you can download from there.

xiuhte1

thank you thank you thank you very much, it worked :D

Ribas

Why not paved tiles uses concrete bags too? (or concrete + stones).

Steffmeistro

This looks very interesting. Do you think it will stack with the Better Power mod?

deadbeat88

I must say, the power consumption of the smelter is FUCKING RIDICULOUS. Before you can even produce a 5000 power, you'd run out of metal. And even if you did manage to get a smelter and smelt things, you'd basically struggle as even managing to smelt 1 ore would only give you less than 100 metal which is very small.

I really like the concept of this mod and hopefully you balance this out. For now, Im lowering the power to 500.

PS: those small/big lamp are pretty useless, I cant even revert them back to metal :|
Whatever you do, don't do it!

Nasikabatrachus

Thanks for the comments. I'm taking down the orange arrow thing since that seems to be problematic. This release was definitely (im)balanced on the harsh side of difficulty; next release should be more reasonable.

Ribas

Quote from: deadbeat88 on March 18, 2014, 03:41:59 PM
I must say, the power consumption of the smelter is FUCKING RIDICULOUS. Before you can even produce a 5000 power, you'd run out of metal. And even if you did manage to get a smelter and smelt things, you'd basically struggle as even managing to smelt 1 ore would only give you less than 100 metal which is very small.

I really like the concept of this mod and hopefully you balance this out. For now, Im lowering the power to 500.

PS: those small/big lamp are pretty useless, I cant even revert them back to metal :|

So... "A Smelter with a 2500 kg capacity could work equipped with 60 Hz electricity transformer and 500KW (5000W) to melt iron at the rate of 1000 Kg/h. A Smelter of the same capacity on stream could work with 960 Hz frequency converter and 1000 KW (10.000W) for a 2000 Kg /h melting capacity".

Yep, 5000W is too high, the smelter in the game cannot melt 1000kg of iron per hour.
But... 500W is too low for this real capacity.

deadbeat88

Quote from: Ribas on March 19, 2014, 12:47:56 AM
Yep, 5000W is too high, the smelter in the game cannot melt 1000kg of iron per hour.
But... 500W is too low for this real capacity.

Considering the smelter is one of the important equipment in Rimworld, having it on 1000w would still be too high. Take note that you not only smelting the ore, but also the metal bars to get the metal from it. Additionally, the smelter does not operate automatically. Therefore, you have to feed electricity on it all the time... which is not practical in first 1hr of gameplay.

Whatever you do, don't do it!

letharion

So... "A Smelter with a 2500 kg capacity could work equipped with 60 Hz electricity transformer and 500KW (5000W) to melt iron at the rate of 1000 Kg/h. A Smelter of the same capacity on stream could work with 960 Hz frequency converter and 1000 KW (10.000W) for a 2000 Kg /h melting capacity".

It would be interesting to know the source and context of this quote. :)

However, 500KW is <em>not</em> 5000W. The K is 1000, so 500KW is 500000W.

That aside, I actually like that the power requirement is quite high. Needing to struggle with the metal added more challenge to the game.

xiuhte1

for me the smelter is fine the "problem" is just in the first days, after you really have a lot of iron for more power plants

Ribas

Quote from: letharion on March 19, 2014, 04:11:23 AM

It would be interesting to know the source and context of this quote. :)

However, 500KW is <em>not</em> 5000W. The K is 1000, so 500KW is 500000W.

That aside, I actually like that the power requirement is quite high. Needing to struggle with the metal added more challenge to the game.
I take from this site:
http://global.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/549533/smelting
The power requirement is really quite high, whatever, normally an average smelter works at 500W~1400W.

123nick

sorry if this is obvious, but is this mod going to be updated to alpha 3? also sorry if this is a bit old post for a old mod, its just that i really like this mod.

Ribas

Quote from: 123nick on April 16, 2014, 01:37:38 AM
sorry if this is obvious, but is this mod going to be updated to alpha 3? also sorry if this is a bit old post for a old mod, its just that i really like this mod.

If the OP doesn't give an answer, I'll try to update to A3.