Where's the Beef?

Started by Psyckosama, March 03, 2014, 07:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psyckosama

Anyone know where the resource information for meat is stored?

I need to know for a mod I'm working on.

SlimeCrusher

Not sure, as when i created my bug-filled Blob monster, and i butchered it, it automatically created meat (Blob meat), so im not really sure where all the information is
It seemed strange, as i thought it would have crashed the game or something

Psyckosama

Quote from: SlimeCrusher on March 03, 2014, 07:27:53 PM
Not sure, as when i created my bug-filled Blob monster, and i butchered it, it automatically created meat (Blob meat), so im not really sure where all the information is
It seemed strange, as i thought it would have crashed the game or something

Strange. I need to know the resource tags for meat because I'm trying to make a syntha-meat machine mod that processes vegetable matter into synthetic meat.

Rokiyo

Sounds... Uh... Delicious?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but I pity the colonist who has to eat what essentially is going to be high-tech spam in a can. :P

Psyckosama

Quote from: Rokiyo on March 03, 2014, 08:23:15 PM
Sounds... Uh... Delicious?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but I pity the colonist who has to eat what essentially is going to be high-tech spam in a can. :P

Better spam and potatoes than just potatoes.

All else fails I'm just going to edit the recipe for fine meals to allow it as an ingredient. Though I might configure it to ban its use in elaborate meals.

SlimeCrusher

Soo basically what you're trying to do is a nutrient paste dispenser that dispenses scynthetic meat? I can help you if you want, i already assumed you said "ok" so i started seeing on what i can help :p

Anyways, i made a custom thought for the colonists that eat the meat:

Quote   <ThoughtDef>
      <defName>AteSyntheticMeat</defName>
      <label>Ate Synthetic Meat</label>
      <description>Uhh... Synthetic meat? Really? It tastes good but i want real meat!</description>
      <baseHappinessEffect>-3</baseHappinessEffect>
      <duration>20000</duration>
      <stackLimit>3</stackLimit>
   </ThoughtDef>
I tried looking for the nutrient paste but i couldn't find anywhere the code or how the nutrient paste dispenser spawns it
I can help you also with some textures, im not an expert but im kind of good at drawing... For example, here's my Blob's textures (But because Alpha 2 has a bug, i cannot get them working on the pawn, it just randomizes the texture): http://imgur.com/a/wGscK (Inteded to be upsidedown, otherwise they don't work... I think)