Paypal? Dangit!

Started by Gideon, March 04, 2014, 09:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gideon

I really want to buy this game, but...

I can't use Paypal. Don't know why. Never have been able to use it. It just doesn't accept any of my cards.

Hope this comes up on Steam soon. They take my money just fine. Wish there were some other way to buy it before then.

colonistPally

Quote from: Gideon on March 04, 2014, 09:49:02 PM
I really want to buy this game, but...

I can't use Paypal. Don't know why. Never have been able to use it. It just doesn't accept any of my cards.

Hope this comes up on Steam soon. They take my money just fine. Wish there were some other way to buy it before then.

Do you try paypal as guest? I have I think 2 paypal accounts and I can't stand it. (Although I'd still use it over Chase if I had the choice.)

Seriously try paypal as guest. What's the error I'm curious?

Vas

I don't understand why so many people apparently have problems with paypal.  :P  I've even had people talk about it like it was some horrible evil company.  I've never had a single issue, other than them rejecting every single image no matter what it was, for my card's custom image.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

colonistPally

Quote from: Vas on March 05, 2014, 01:10:45 AM
I don't understand why so many people apparently have problems with paypal.  :P  I've even had people talk about it like it was some horrible evil company.  I've never had a single issue, other than them rejecting every single image no matter what it was, for my card's custom image.  :P

The only problem I have with them, is sometimes they force me to log in instead of using guest for CC's. It drives me nuts. I would actually prefer them to Chase. I HATE Chase.

Gideon

Actually, my issue is technical not philosophical.

I can not use either of my cards with them. Either as guest or signed in. No idea why.

They are literally the one and only online billing service that I have ever had this problem with. NOBODY else has ANY issue with taking my money.

Their help and support have been completely useless in resolving this issue. It has gone on for YEARS.

daft73

Wow, surprised to hear all this...I have used Paypal forever. The only issue I ever had was our account was hacked PS3 anyone... >:( And we had to reset all of our accounts..so technically it was not even their fault. Hope you can get this resolved.

colonistPally

Quote from: Gideon on March 05, 2014, 10:35:38 AM
Actually, my issue is technical not philosophical.

I can not use either of my cards with them. Either as guest or signed in. No idea why.

They are literally the one and only online billing service that I have ever had this problem with. NOBODY else has ANY issue with taking my money.

Their help and support have been completely useless in resolving this issue. It has gone on for YEARS.

This might sound like the opposite of the actual problem. But it sounds like your bank, not paypal. DON'T TELL ME WHO YOUR BANK IS! I'm just thinking what if it's your bank/credit house/mattress company/whatever.

Gideon

Probably. Guess I'll just have to be patient until its available on Steam then.

Teovald

They are a very shitty company. They arbitrarily retain funds and delete accounts, often for very dubious or subjective reasons. 
Some small companies have gones under because Paypal decided to freeze their accounts. 
However, their service is in my experience reliable for buyers. I just avoid paying with Paypal if it is possible (I use another payment option if it is available & if not I ask myself if I really need/want that item).

Plasmatic

Quote from: Teovald on March 07, 2014, 09:00:37 AM

They are a very shitty company. They arbitrarily retain funds and delete accounts, often for very dubious or subjective reasons. 
Some small companies have gones under because Paypal decided to freeze their accounts. 
However, their service is in my experience reliable for buyers. I just avoid paying with Paypal if it is possible (I use another payment option if it is available & if not I ask myself if I really need/want that item).

I've never had any problems with Paypal at all and I've been using it for like 7 years.. Even had them resolve issues for me and I always felt they were fair..

Teovald

to clarify : these issues only affect sellers  ;) , from what I heard they have a pretty good consumer support on the buyer side of things.

VeTaL

I'm always trying to use a Paypal and thinking twice before paying on some sites which are not supported Paypal.

Paypal is some kind of buffer between your banking card and third party service. Its much better if *that guy* would know only your email, but not your credit details.

Gideon

I don't have a problem giving people money directly. I can always call my credit card and have it sorted from this end.

Dang, really wish I could buy this right now. Grrr...blasted Bank of Ethel...

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Gideon on March 13, 2014, 09:08:59 PM
I don't have a problem giving people money directly. I can always call my credit card and have it sorted from this end.

Dang, really wish I could buy this right now. Grrr...blasted Bank of Ethel...
Your card has its own phone? That's amazing! :D

I kinda agree with VeTaL that I'd rather have one company has my details rather than everyone who I buy stuff from. I'd also rather contact said company through email than phone because then I don't actually have to (shudder) talk to people.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

ccrunner17

Is there any information about when the game will be available on steam? I know it is in the process but according to steam it has been in the process since October 2013... I am in the same boat as the OP.

Also @Vas you bug photo made me laugh for a good 5 mins :) So true!