3-day pack

Started by colonistPally, March 06, 2014, 10:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonistPally

I'd like to have a little research option in the game where I check it and I can have people craft 3-day packs maybe from muffalo hide or something where my guys will take 3 days of food and a bedroll with them that inherits their bed's personal assignment.

That way they can mine, forage, capture, or rescue far away without starving, mentally breaking, and dying.

I think until other features are in place, the larger maps will be relatively unplayable without some extremely detailed micromanagement of switching beds and making food along the way. Which is neat but the outpost thing is just prone to raider deathballs and so... anyway.

I hope this makes sense. 3-day packs. food. bedroll. tent. medicine. firearm obviously.

Thanks.

daft73

Interesting concept colonistPally, So essentially a rations pack. This is a good idea when it comes to mining a far away site..hauling, whatever.  ;D

Vas

It can technically also be used as a ration for the person you're rescuing, like you can bandage them up on the spot and feed them before you take them home, sharing your ration making your 3 day pack a 2 day pack or something.  :P  This'd stop my rescues from dieing while they are on their way to the base.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

colonistPally

Quote from: Vas on March 06, 2014, 12:57:14 PM
It can technically also be used as a ration for the person you're rescuing, like you can bandage them up on the spot and feed them before you take them home, sharing your ration making your 3 day pack a 2 day pack or something.  :P  This'd stop my rescues from dieing while they are on their way to the base.

Yep exactly. Because right now even if they're max everything, by the time they rescue on the other side of the map and get back they're about dead and at mental break.

So maybe some 3-day pack code would tide us over until we can get a muffalo pack mount... or something. Which could have several more days of rations, backpacks, med kits, bedrolls, and like a 3-man tent or something?

My little colonists going on a camping trip and starting a fire and stuff. awwwwwww  :'( :'( :'(

sparda666

in the meantime you could build a butcher table with the metal you mined and kill animals for food, and sleep in a sleeping spot. not good for happiness but should last you a couple days

colonistPally

Quote from: sparda666 on March 06, 2014, 11:58:15 PM
in the meantime you could build a butcher table with the metal you mined and kill animals for food, and sleep in a sleeping spot. not good for happiness but should last you a couple days

Ha I like that. They could cook the animals on the fire too! It'd be much cooler though if the hunting was automatic.. if you could set them to hunting and they'd go hunt, process, and cook. Some people might like to manage that though, I don't know.

Still a great idea! But I wish there was trees, so they could pitch a tarp against the tree instead of a tent. :) Camping is fun!

Architect

Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Darker

I think that some sort of Buff class should be implemented for pawns, allowing such states like Poisoned, Tired, Stunned (this exist) or "On 3 day run".
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT