[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Cremation Inc. (v.6.2)

Started by bolti1703, March 06, 2014, 06:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bolti1703

Cremation Inc.

Description:
This mod adds new ways to get rid of the corpses. You must first research the new technology. Then build a morgue table. After that your colonists can pack the corpses in body bags ( you get a dog tag to count how many corpses your colonists have used). The next step is either to burn the body bags with the cremation oven ( other ways possible as well) or you use the morgue table to build a coffin out of a body bag and some metal ( planks in the wood edition) . Bury the coffin in a stone grave to get +10 happiness and -2 fear or just burn it in the cremation oven.
Research the office table technology and build the table to create different boxes for selling.

============Recipes==========================
The sealed box needs: minimum crafting skill 10 + 10 dog tags + 10 metal (or planks in the wood edition) + 1 bounty licence (or 1 faked bounty licence)
The unofficial box needs: minimum crafting skill 7 + 10 dog tags +10 metal (or planks in the wood edition)+ 1 unofficial bounty licence
The squirrel box needs: minimum crafting skill 5 + 10 squirrel trophies +10 metal (or planks in the wood edition)
==========================================

Update 6.0:
-the cremation oven can now burn body bags and coffins. in standby it needs 20 W. for burning it needs 500 W. needs the cremation table.
-changed the cremation hopper to cremation table. can be placed everywhere. can store corpses, body bags and coffins.
-changed the trophy cabinet. it can be lighted to get some more happiness (needs 50 W power).if filled with squirrel trophy = +1 happiness ( additional +4 if lighted). if filled with medal +6 happiness and -2  fear ( additional +4 happiness if lighted )
-removed the cremation mine and the fire door
-some more improvements ( text in game, bug fixes, textures)
-not compatible with older saves ( removed some things )                                 

Update 6.1:
-improved the cremation oven: can now count cremations, reduced the burning time, new research added ( halves the burning time)
-changed the trophy cabinet so no yellow warning appears
-some minor fixes

New Update 6.2:
-improved the cremation oven : has now a bar which shows the burning time, some smoke effects when burning,  changed the texture a bit
-the oven has now a interaction square
-some minor code improvements

Screens:

Mod Team:

Download:

Download mirror Modsaholic:
Cremation Inc.

Download wood edition:
Cremation Inc. wood edition

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Notes:
-I release an additional version of the mod. if you use the wood economy mod the coffin needs planks instead of metal. the boxes can be build with metal or planks. Install the preferred one.
-some recipes need a higher artistic skill so my other mod could be useful E-learning
- the fire door file contains a simple fire door ( not powered) . if you like more doors : Doors
Known issues:
- no known

Changelog:
(Version 1.0)
(Version 1.1 fire door added)
(Version 2.0 coffin and dog tags added)
(Version 3.0 morgue table, body bags and stone grave added, changed the coffin, changed the vanilla grave)
(Version 3.1 new stone grave texture added)
(Version 3.2  bounty licence/unofficial licence added, sealed box/unofficial box recipe added)
(Version 3.2b new boxes textures added)
(Version 4.0 new office table, office cabinet, trophy cabinet new recipes and some more changes)
(Version 4.0b bugfix faking document)
(Version 5.0 graves increase happiness)
(Version 5.1 new medal, new box, changed the graves, changed trophy cabinet)
(Version 5.1b bugfix  squirrel recipe in office table removed)
(Version 5.1c bugfix butcher table no longer accept body bags and coffins)
(Version 5.2 new cremation oven, changed the traders to increase compatibility)
(Version 6.0 changed the cremation oven, changed trophy cabinet, removed cremation mine and fire door, some more changes)
(Version 6.1 improved the oven ( counter, textures, new research, reduced bruning time ), improved trophy cabinet(no longer yellow warning))
Version 6.2 improved the oven ( burning time bar, smoke effects, new texture), minor fixes

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

The K

Thank God! Finally a way for me to burn bodies before my undertakers all kill themselves.

shadowtajun

Blog: www.liteart.tumblr.com
Portfolio: www.shadowtajun.com
Twitter: @tajunshadow

Thoughtless

I make a mid sized concrete platform, make a dumping zone on top of it, and then surround it with a home zone. So now your colonists dump all the bodies in one place and then you can hit the pile with molotovs and your colonists will put out any fire the spreads into the home zone.

StalkerCZ

Project Armory v1.17
Project Catering v1.3

daft73

This is nice..good werks mate! ;D

bolti1703

I was confused with the different versions ( planks were needed for the cremation mine  ::) ), but now it should be fine. ItchyFlea thx for the tip.

Viceroy

Dog goes moo!

Flarestarchild

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here (if anything) but I cant seem to get anything showing up in the research tab for any of the items listed in the mod. I tried it with the mod by itself, reinstalling it, turning it off and on, starting a brand new game, etc. nothing seems to make it want to work. Any ideas why this is not working?

bolti1703

The 7.z file contains the two versions of the mod. Maybe you unzip the main file? If so the mod list show you "Cremation Stuff". You must unzip one of the files inside the main file. In the mod list it should be shown "Cremation Stuff 3.1" (or if you use the wood edition "Cremation stuff 3.1 wood" ). I just looked at the file, the research should work fine. You can research the fire door and the morgue table.

OmegaConstruct

What's up with the dog tags? I love the rest of the mod, but what's the point of a new resource that doesn't serve a purpose and just gives me something else that I have to haul around?

bolti1703

Quote from: OmegaConstruct on April 02, 2014, 08:47:13 PM
What's up with the dog tags? I love the rest of the mod, but what's the point of a new resource that doesn't serve a purpose and just gives me something else that I have to haul around?

It s a way to count how many corpses you have buried ( someway like a killcounter)

bolti1703

Quote from: bolti1703 on April 04, 2014, 05:18:02 PM
Quote from: OmegaConstruct on April 02, 2014, 08:47:13 PM

It s a way to count how many corpses you have buried ( someway like a killcounter)

New update 3.2 : now you can do something with the dog tags  :D

Sleeeper

Fake licences can be made with just silver in office table. I think it's not intended.

bolti1703

Quote from: Sleeeper on April 06, 2014, 07:26:33 PM
Fake licences can be made with just silver in office table. I think it's not intended.

Thx, i just fixed it  :)