Make Repair Higher Priority than Construction

Started by MikeLemmer, August 20, 2016, 02:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeLemmer

I would like to set both Construction and Repair at the same priority and not have to worry about that colonist delaying repairs because he's building something.

cultist

You can't change the default job order. So if you set two jobs to the same priority number, they will be performed following the default order. If you want Repair to get done before Construction, you have to assign the higher number to Repair.

AHappyMuffalo

Quote from: MikeLemmer on August 20, 2016, 02:57:06 AM
I would like to set both Construction and Repair at the same priority and not have to worry about that colonist delaying repairs because he's building something.

Go to the Work tab and tick manual priority. Set the numbers in the boxes to what you want, if it's blank it means that they won't do those jobs at all.

1 means they prioritise that job over everything else, 4 means they do it last.

MikeLemmer

I know all that, I'm asking for the default priority order to be changed so Repair has a higher priority than Construction. My manual priority lists get complicated, and sometimes it's tough for me to fit everything into just 4 priority levels. I figure 95% of the time, there's just 2-3 simple Repair jobs compared to a few dozen Construction jobs.

cultist

The simple solution is not to plan too far ahead. Don't overload your constructors by laying out too many plans at once and they should have plenty of time to repair. If you want the default job order changed, you'll have to go looking for mods (or make your own) or make a compelling argument for it.

Sharp

What you should try is Fluffy's Work Tab mod, it might be a little bit of overkill for your exact situation but it's an amazing mod which would be great for vanilla RimWorld behaviour.

At it's most basic level it will allow 1-9 in Priority list so you can set repair ahead of construction without affecting any other job plans.
At it's most complex you can have the 1-9 priority but also schedule it based on time so for certain hours you can have pawns having a different priority set then at a different time (e.g. at 7am-11am your construction pawn has priority 1 for repair and then priority 5 at other times)

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.0
YouTube Vid

mumblemumble

I strongly disagree. Repairs will ALWAYS be around, from wear and tear, fires, bullet holes, ect. Repairs are extremely common, and uncontrollable in them popping up. Building is MUCH more controlled, so having repair being lower priority when I specifically ask for it is vastly better.

What situation is this so bad anyway? Do you really think repairing a bunch of bullet holes after a raid is more important than rebuilding turrets and doors?
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Peng Qi

But you can just cancel any construction you don't want being done before repair. You can't cancel repairs.

There's literally no reason to make this change other than that you're lazy and don't want to use the cancel feature.