Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• October 15, 2019, 12:27:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [1.0] [KV] ModSync RW  (Read 23833 times)

bigheadzach

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: [B19] [KV] ModSync RW
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2018, 10:16:38 AM »

As an adjust project idea that (were I not inundated with real world work) I would use as a basis for my first modding project, a mod in the spirit of modded Minecraft's WAILA that would attempt to modify tooltips/descriptions of objects and features added by mods, to include what mod is providing that resource.

This way you can always tell if what you're wanting to do is something that vanilla provides or if you'll need help from a mod's author if it's not functioning like it should. (or who to thank for its coolness!)

Stickie

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: [B19] [KV] ModSync RW
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2018, 11:27:53 AM »

Awesome work, loving it!

Was thinking about making something similar, stumbled upon this.
I took the liberty to add Bitbucket functionality and will be filing a PR soon filed a PR.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 12:05:33 PM by Stickie »

Kiame

• Planetologist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 11:54:48 PM by Kiame »

frenchiveruti

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: [1.0] [KV] ModSync RW
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2018, 09:05:44 AM »

Hello Kiame, I encourage you to remove the spanish translation from the mod because it's extremely outdated, when I make some time for myself I'll make a new one for the new implementation of modsync. 
It's great to see this tool as I always thought it would be cool to be.
Greets.

Kiame

• Planetologist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2018, 11:15:52 AM »

Thanks for the heads up. I'll remove it for now

UncleIROH

• Drifter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2018, 10:51:47 PM »

How does the modlist get generated for this mod? Does everyones modsync.xml get uploaded to a central location or something and then version checks are done from that?

Kiame

• Planetologist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2018, 01:40:05 AM »

It relies on mod authors to host the modsync.xml file somewhere. This mod is completely decentralized so it relies on the individual modders to host their files.

For example all of my mods had their own GitHub repo. The modsync.xml file for each mod is accessible there. When someone with ModSync RW checks the version of mods, ModSync RW checks each mod's ModSync.xml file, reads where the remote ModSync.xml is hosted then compared the local and remote versions in the file. If the remote's is larger the user is informed with red text for the mod

GitHub is not the only way to host the xml file. Just having a static URL will work too as long as it gets updated with the new version when the mod does

LWM

• Colonist
  • Little White Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2019, 01:21:09 PM »

If people are using this...is there a way for mod authors to do the setup ...without installing the mod themselves?

I can write an .xml file by hand; adding a mod, restarting rimworld, then restarting again to remove the mod is a bit of a pain.

--LWM

Kiame

• Planetologist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2019, 09:23:27 PM »

You can write it by hand just look at the modsync.xml file in the About directory.

Question, why remove this mod after adding it? This mod is very lightweight and does nothing once the game starts - doesnt do anything actually unless you click the modsync button on the main screen

LWM

• Colonist
  • Little White Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2019, 04:49:16 PM »

Minimalist at heart!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]