[MOD] (Alpha 2) Controlled demolition 1.1

Started by bolti1703, March 08, 2014, 02:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bolti1703

Controlled demolition

Description:
The problem:

Your colonists mined a 5 x 5 room but it s full of debris rock ( when Toughrock mod is activated ).

The solution:

Research  "Controlled demolition", place the dynamite in the room, leave the room, activate. No worry about damaging walls and other structures. The detonation area is 5x5.  You cant even place the dynamite so that you accidentally damage the walls.

Mod Team:

Download:

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Notes:

Works fine with the Toughrock: Concrete Economy mod http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.0. It is a great mod but i didnt know what to do with all the rock and it took so long time to clear all the rooms. Works also with the vanilla game.
Update: now the dynamite appears to be on the stone.This offers a new issue. You can  see the ugliness of the dynamite texture in all its glory ;)

Changelog:
(Version 1.0)
(Version 1.1 ---> AltitudeLayer changed to BuildingTall = dynamate appears to be on the stones thx Vas and Cj_mav  ;D)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Vas

Shouldn't you have the Dynomite appear above the rock?

Also, why are you using .bmp files?  Use PNG.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

bolti1703

Quote from: Vas on March 08, 2014, 04:17:33 PM

Thats the reason why the pics were so big  :), I changed it, thx for the tip ( The picture in the textures folder was PNG)

Vas

Quote from: bolti1703 on March 08, 2014, 04:39:33 PM

Thats the reason why the pics were so big  :), I changed it, thx for the tip ( The picture in the textures folder was PNG)

For screenshots, you can just use a 90% quality JPG (paint.exe's default), if you use programs like irfanview or gimp, or some others might also have the option, you can make compression level 9 PNG files which compress the image as good as it can at the cost of a little extra time saving the image.  Hardly noticable on today's computers.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

bolti1703

Quote from: Vas on March 08, 2014, 05:08:00 PM
Quote from: bolti1703 on March 08, 2014, 04:39:33 PM

For screenshots, you can just use a 90% quality JPG (paint.exe's default), if you use programs like irfanview or gimp, or some others might also have the option, you can make compression level 9 PNG files which compress the image as good as it can at the cost of a little extra time saving the image.  Hardly noticable on today's computers.

Thx, now i dont have to cut the pictures so small just to stay under 600 kb  ;D

Vas

What about raising the level of the dynomite so that it appears above the rock?

bolti1703

The dynamite is ThingClass Building_BlastingCharge. I cant imagine that a building can be above an item. I see one solution. Paint the texture so that it looks like placed between the rocks. I could try it but my drawing skills are poor as you can see ;)

Vas

I can give it a shot, but I think there is an overdraw tag you can add which puts the object on top of stuff.  You just use transparency then.  But let me give it a shot and see what I come up with.

Cj_mav

There's an Item Surface Tag in most, if not all, the objects I've looked into.

"<itemSurface>true/false</itemSurface>" is in each object's ThingDef somewhere.

Don't know if it is the right thing to change, haven't tried, but that's where my logic points me.

bolti1703

Quote from: Vas on March 08, 2014, 11:37:51 PM
I can give it a shot, but I think there is an overdraw tag you can add which puts the object on top of stuff.  You just use transparency then.  But let me give it a shot and see what I come up with.

Nice  :) thx mate

bolti1703

Quote from: Cj_mav on March 09, 2014, 01:38:51 AM
There's an Item Surface Tag in most, if not all, the objects I've looked into.

"<itemSurface>true/false</itemSurface>" is in each object's ThingDef somewhere.

Don't know if it is the right thing to change, haven't tried, but that's where my logic points me.
Ah ok, i take a look could be a good tip, thx

hawkwing

If the forums attachment size limit is getting in your way, you could always try 3rd party hosting sites for your mod. Nexus Mods is probably the best option, though others exist, of course.

Or, if you just want the image hosted by a third party and not your whole mod, Imgur is a good option and will allow you upload images without the need to create an account.
Rimworld mods are now available on The Nexus!
Rimworld Nexus
(Goodbye, 600kb upload limit!)

Architect

You need to change the <altitude> tag. Try <altitude>BuildingTall</altitude>
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.