Bug when dealing with releasing prisoners

Started by Bigby, August 17, 2016, 04:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigby

Ok. So I have a hospitality policy of rescuing any pirates that do not immediately die when raiding my base and giving them a complimentary peg leg regardless of whether or not they lost a leg. Sort of a thanks for stopping by present.

Anyway, when I release them, they seem to have a preference to go back out the trap laden path rather than go out the two doors. Sometimes they correctly path through the two doors, but most of the time it's certain death or a fresh injury they choose. Weirdly they don't set off all of the traps, just one when it happens. But still.....

The front of my base isn't completely closed off so that incoming enemies will choose the trap path and face the turrets after that. Even if I set the two doors to hold open, they choose the trap path. I don't want to hold off on rearming the traps until I have finished handing out my hospitality gifts, that would be just plain rude....

MeowRailroad

Maybe build a small shed outside of the border so that the prisoners can be released without having to cross that area? Or just have a direct passageway or prison door that leads to the outside in the prison, if possible.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Kagemusha12

Or just temporarily close the trapped path with a wall (either at its entrance or exit) when releasing prisoners, so that the prisoners are forced to take the doors (thanks to the "uninstall" and "install at"-commands for walls, this is fast and doesn't cost any additional resources (except for building 1-2 tiles of walls firsthand))

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: Kagemusha12 on August 17, 2016, 08:12:18 PM
Or just temporarily close the trapped path with a wall (either at its entrance or exit) when releasing prisoners, so that the prisoners are forced to take the doors (thanks to the "uninstall" and "install at"-commands for walls, this is fast and doesn't cost any additional resources (except for building 1-2 tiles of walls firsthand))

......................... holy s$%t. How have I not noticed that you could do that?

MeowRailroad

I haven't seen it either but it would be a good idea to keep a few on hand for fast repair in case of fire, explosion, etc.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

cultist

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on August 18, 2016, 04:56:17 AM

......................... holy s$%t. How have I not noticed that you could do that?

Because you can't do that in vanilla. He must have a mod installed that allows installing/uninstalling walls.

Bigby

Slapping up a quick wall to cork the path on the inside would be a quick but mildly annoying fix when releasing prisoners though.... I think will go with that solution until the pathing is sorted out.

Kagemusha12

Quote from: cultist on August 18, 2016, 09:35:58 AM
Quote from: Mikhail Reign on August 18, 2016, 04:56:17 AM

Because you can't do that in vanilla. He must have a mod installed that allows installing/uninstalling walls.

I believed it was already part of Vanilla.
But considering that I also use Combat Realism and the Community Core Library (CCL), I cannot exclude the possibility that it came with CCL