[A18] Improved Surgery

Started by twoski, August 24, 2016, 11:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napple

So how does this compare with the less arbitrary surgery mod by Psychology.

Jorlem

Quote from: twoski on January 20, 2017, 08:07:26 PM
So you have any other surgery mods? I'll look into it and see if I can find any issues on my end
None of the other mods I had active should be altering surgery, as far as I'm aware.

Here's the other mods I have active, leaving out this mod:

HugsLib
M Pawn Death RNG Remover
OSHA Compliance
Chemfuel Generator
LT-Doormat
Step Awat From The Medicine
Craftable Drugs
Set-Up Camp
Camping Stuff
I Can Fix It!
Path Avoid
Temperature Gauge
Snowy Trees
Mod List Backup
Hand Me That Brick
RT Fuse
RD - Fire Department
QualityBuilder

Dingo

You should consider detouring with HugsLib instead of replacing the XML recipe classes. Since A16 now has one functional (HugsLib) and one semi-functional (CCL) libraries for it I don't see why you wouldn't.

I've been getting some requests to update my patch XMLs to A16 but I think it's unnecessary and less compatible than a detour.

twoski

okay, adding the detours with hugslib wasn't so bad. this mod should now be more compatible with other surgery mods. bear in mind that any other mod that detours the surgery recipes will conflict with this one.

twoski

Quote from: Jorlem on January 20, 2017, 07:26:21 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I needed to report a weird bug that I'm seeing now with the mod enabled.  When I had my best surgeon try to install a peg leg on someone that had their right leg shot off, the surgeon kept repeating the operation until it failed catastrophically.  That is, a successful operation consumed the log and the herbal med, but did not add the peg leg to the character, and the surgery bill was not cleared until the operation failed.

i found the cause of this bug and fixed it so you should be in the clear now

sleepytaco

Quote from: twoski on January 21, 2017, 12:45:50 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I needed to report a weird bug that I'm seeing now with the mod enabled.  When I had my best surgeon try to install a peg leg on someone that had their right leg shot off, the surgeon kept repeating the operation until it failed catastrophically.  That is, a successful operation consumed the log and the herbal med, but did not add the peg leg to the character, and the surgery bill was not cleared until the operation failed.

Hmm I guess thats what I was seeing.  I tried on a bunch of prisoners, always resulting in death.  I also tried a bionic jaw removal, which also resulted in death.  This is with a 18 skill doctor using herbal meds, so I suppose thats probably why 100% of my surgeries fail, but it seems rather obscene.

Jorlem

Quote from: twoski on January 21, 2017, 12:45:50 PM
Thank you.  I'll give it a try later today. :)

twoski

updated to a17, cheers. post any bug reports on the steam page please!

AzXeus

does this mod fix the vanilla bug of medicine potency values not applying to surgery?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32763.0

twoski

i wasn't aware of that bug, and by the looks of it, tynan was not aware of it either.

if true, then it appears that medical potency may not have an effect on surgery in a17.

AzXeus

yeah.. do you know if you'll be able to fix it?

twoski

i will try messing around with it this weekend. the problem seems to be that surgeries delete the medicine when they start, so the function that checks the potency defaults to 100% potency since there's no medicine object

twoski

ok so this mod does detour the surgery recipe functions but it has no control over the ingredients being passed to the recipe. so if something is broken then i'm afraid i don't have much control over it at the moment.

AzXeus

and i guess there's no way to hook the initialisation of the recipe to find the potency of medicine from the instigator and store it into a different variable for use in the recipe later huh?  :-\

twoski

i might be able to do some hacky stuff but it would make the mod less compatible with others and it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble since Tynan is aware of the bug and it will be fixed next patch.

the bug seems balanced anyhow... all medicines have the potency of regular medicine when doing surgeries for now. which means herbal meds got a buff and glitterworld meds got a debuff.