[Mod] (Alpha 2) Slow and Important Research

Started by Kirid, March 10, 2014, 10:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirid

This mod slows research speed quite a bit by reducing the speed bonus given by the research skill. It also rearranges the natural worktype priority so that Research is 4th, under Fire, Doctor, and Warden

I was tired of having to disable everything to get my colonists to research. And at this point in the game, with most every mod installed, my research amount is doubled. Yet I can still complete all of it with one researcher before my colony is half built.

This mod changes core files, it should work with all other mods, unless one is released that also alters worktype priority or research skill.
I use it and have never had an issue.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

BattleFate

You can change the manual priorities of the tasks in-game without having to re-order the list with a mod. Assign a 1 to research, and a 2 to any other less critical tasks. Then a 3 or 4 to anything you want them doing if they have nothing better to do, and it doesn't matter where in the list the task appears (well, except where two tasks share the same priority level (1 for each for example), then it still defaults to the left one first).

Kirid

Oh I didnt realize you could do that thanks! I still like the mod since that involves micromanaging a screen full of numbers, instead of one-click prioritized research.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd