[A13] Modular Solar Panels (1.11)

Started by Kirid, March 11, 2014, 09:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cala13er

Modular Solar Panels 1.3

Updated for Alpha 4

Alpha 5 version is ready, will update it when Alpha 5 releases, unless Kirid would prefer I not and he releases his own version. These updates are only up for as long as Kirid hasn't updated it hiself :).

Also, feel free to use my updated version as the actual version, then you can say this is Alpha 4 mod.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Kirid

Quote from: Cala13er on July 03, 2014, 01:55:47 AM
Modular Solar Panels 1.3

Updated for Alpha 4

Alpha 5 version is ready, will update it when Alpha 5 releases, unless Kirid would prefer I not and he releases his own version. These updates are only up for as long as Kirid hasn't updated it hiself :).
I dont mind. I had some somewhat serious  surgery lately, So updating hasn't been a priority. And Im out of town for this next week. I might take control later but I appreciate you updating it for me :)
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Cala13er

Quote from: Kirid on July 03, 2014, 10:19:19 AM
Quote from: Cala13er on July 03, 2014, 01:55:47 AM
Modular Solar Panels 1.3

Updated for Alpha 4

I dont mind. I had some somewhat serious  surgery lately, So updating hasn't been a priority. And Im out of town for this next week. I might take control later but I appreciate you updating it for me :)

No problem, I've had surgery before, got my appendix removed, my appendix was so bad that if I left it a few more days to get it checked out it would of burst, and that would of left to death. I know how the aftermath is, painful!

Kirid

Updated for Alpha 6. Code changed a bit, but otherwise working the same.
I had a chunk of my skull cut out 2 days ago, but its not stopping me updating this time ;D ..Alpha 6!

Somz

The texture seems a bit...strange, and I have the feeling I've seen something like this before in our world... Hmm.
But anyway, THIS IS SO AWESOME!  ;D
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Kirid

Updated for Alpha 7! Updated to use textures and code introduced in Abrexus's Superior Crafting!
I like this new texture, several complaints about the old one. Yet I don't like the way it reacts to zooming in the game. This has always been an issue when modding, textures too complex glitch.
Would appreciate feedback concerning the new texture and charge bar.

conrad812

awesome, I've been waiting for this to come out.
i don't know anything about coding, i'm just here to download mods.

daft73

Kirid

Just reuploaded, if anyone was getting corrupt file

Kirid

Scaremeister

Forum attachment seems borked, could you add a link to an external source?

Kirid

Sorry for any inconvenience, It's working now.
This and all my other mods are reuploaded.

coyoteseattle

So I noticed something a little weird with this; I had my entry way covered in modular solar panels to power my turrets, but the turrets couldn't actually shoot anything, because the solar panels were blocking their line of sight.  It looks like that was just because fillPercent was set to 1 in the thingDef. I set it to .025, and now I can actually shoot past them, with a small chance of accidentally hitting each panel I'm shooting over.  Attached is a copy with that modification, for your convenience if you want to use it.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kirid

Quote from: coyoteseattle on December 30, 2014, 05:10:05 AM
So I noticed something a little weird with this; I had my entry way covered in modular solar panels to power my turrets, but the turrets couldn't actually shoot anything, because the solar panels were blocking their line of sight.  It looks like that was just because fillPercent was set to 1 in the thingDef. I set it to .025, and now I can actually shoot past them, with a small chance of accidentally hitting each panel I'm shooting over.  Attached is a copy with that modification, for your convenience if you want to use it.
Heh, my bad. Never been sure what fill percent affects. Updated the mod with that, thanks! Also added a research requirement.

Loki88

I like the little charge bar on these but is there a way to simplify it to something like an icon or indicator that warns you if they're out of the sun? Other than aesthetics I can't see the reason for the bar since the game doesn't factor in clouds or partial shade yet does it? I'm asking because with around 1000 or more of these panels my computer starts to have serious brain farts with the charge bar animation going up and down.

I guess it would be like a low performance computer version? I'm not trying to knock the mod I really love it, it's just my computer = crap   :'(

Edit: typos :(